If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Hilton Worldwide is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 4,200 hotels, resorts and timeshare properties comprising more than 690,000 rooms in 93 countries and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Number: MEA0117G
What is the aim of the Programme?
- The Elevator General Manager programme aims to develop a group of talented, internationally mobile people and fast track them to General Management positions within 6-8 years of starting the Programme.
What will I do?
- Elevator consists of an 18-month training programme which encompassess two international 9-month placements.
- During your placements, you will combine operational, all-round experience working in the 4 main hotel business areas of Operations, Business Development, Human Resources and Finance.
- You will also participate in off-the-job training and have business driven projects to complete.
- During Elevator your progress is constantly assessed, so you always know how you are developing.
- As the programme is so flexible, it will take into account all training that you have had to date and build on it, rather than making you repeat things unnecessarily.
Where will I be?
- The location of your placements will depend on availability and the languages you speak.
When will I start?
- If you are successful you will start the programme in September 2016.
Learning & Development:
- During your 18-month training you will take part in four residential courses. As an Elevator participant you will also have access to the Hilton University, our on-line learning and development tool, through which you can complete e-learning courses, learn a language on-line and make use of our on-line business library.
Support all the Way:
- Elevator participants are supported throughout their career progression with the Elevator Mentoring Programme where senior managers within Hilton take on the role of Mentors.
Are you someone who is Smart? Passionate? Ambitious?
- These are the questions that we ask any potential candidate before they apply to the Elevator Programme.
There are also four main criteria for the General Manager's Programme:
- You must have a Bachelors Degree or equivalent (preference will be given to individuals with hospitality-related experience)
- You must speak, read and write English and one other local MEA language fluently (Arabic and Turkish would be preferable)
- You must ideally be able to work within MEA and Turkey.
- We are particularly keen to encourage applications from citizens of the MEA countries in which we operate
- You must have the desire to become a General Manager
Method of Application
Intereste and suitably qualified candidates should visit Hilton Career Page on Taleo
Note: As an internal candidate, you must have approval from your Regional Director of HR to apply for this programme and currently hold a non supervisory level position. We already have a number of fantastic internal management development programmes for team members of supervisory level or above.