The company delivers satellite-based communications to businesses operating in the world's harshest and most remote locations. The Company's solutions enable customers within the oil and gas, commercial shipping, government services, engineering and construction, maritime, mining and disaster recovery markets to connect their remote sites with broadband Internet, voice service, corporate networking, and real-time video and data.
The primary function of the Sales Account Manager is to make, meet and exceed goals for profitable revenue generation. This function is expected to be accomplished by building sound business relationships in key accounts to position the company as the "provider of choice" within those accounts.
These relationships will include a mix of existing or known customers and new prospects with whom we do not have an established business base. The Sales Account Manager will be responsible for managing a mix of services, associated products and regular visits to (a) key account clients and (b) develop new clients so as to actively pursue sales of equipment and systems across a wide variety of telecommunications and electronic application.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deliver on revenue and account objectives.
- Work with others to plan strategies and coordinate efforts in order to meet the required Sales targets, and forecasts.
- Develop a significant understanding of the customer base (their business and affiliated applications); the company technology, products and services; the competitive entities including their products and service; general market awareness; and technology in order to create "value" propositions and to avoid commoditization of services and products through differences based on pricing.
- Position oneself and the company as a true business partner within the accounts with a reputation for solving problems and creative solutions/applications.
- Timely and accurate forecasting and maintenance of opportunities in the Siebel opportunity management system.
- Sound year-over-year growth in revenues, market share and reputation.
- Consistent use, data input and application of any and all sales reporting systems and sales software (e.g. "Siebel") tools used by the company.
- Exemplify teamwork, communication and cooperation with regards to working with other sales personnel within and across the company; technical and operations personnel; and all office and support personnel within the Company on a global basis.
- Demonstrate and exemplify the the company values.
- Inform the Sales Manager of any significant new Sales and Marketing opportunities.
- Attend any and all training or other meetings designated as "mandatory" by the Company.
- Develop and maintain personal contact with key customers.
- Attend sales related meetings and others as required by the Sales Manager.
- Manage all enquiries obtained whilst in the field, work with department to develop specifications for quotes and ensure they satisfy customer requirements.
- Forward requests for quotations to the Bids and Proposals/Technical Marketing group and ensure that they are submitted in a timely manner to the customer in a clear and precise manner.
- Maintain close liaison with the technical / projects personnel regarding any quotations that involve an engineering input.
- Maintain communication with the Network Operations centre and be involved in any customer liaison on service issues.
- On receipt of Purchase Order from customer pass all details of quote to Sales Administrator to complete sale.
- Work with Operations Department to ensure that the service level agreed with the department is delivered according to SLA. Be the focal point for the resolution of SLA queries and delivery to the client after approval.
- Produce a weekly report to the Sales Manager detailing calls made and appointments scheduled in the calendar.
- Maintaining accurate sales funnel reports and other documentation.
- Assist others with any technical queries.
- Work to and assist with departmental QA System.
- Any other ad - hoc duties as required or assigned.
The company is ISO 9001 certified and expect all its employees to follow procedures and take an interest in continuously improving the quality of the individual job and the overall service provided by the company.
Attractive offer and benefits
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Degree qualification within a business related field of study or equivalent experience preferred. Additional related education and/or training an advantage.
- Successful sales experience achieving revenue quotas.
- Demonstrated ability to sell conceptually.
- Able to obtain appointments with key executives at the target accounts.
- Self-starter experience getting going with little supervision.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively communicate with our prospects, clients and internal company.
- Highly energetic -able to effectively handle demanding situations in a professional manner.
- Able to establish long lasting relationships with clients.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Able to determine which opportunities to walk away from.
- Ability to establish cross-functional teams to fulfil customer needs.
- The ability/willingness to travel. Travel, including domestic and international, as required maximizing effectiveness within the accounts and customer set.
- Ability to work flexibly in a changing environment.
- Experience in the Energy, Maritime or Communications sector desirable.