Career Opportunity at The Leprosy Mission Nigeria (TLMN)
Posted on: 10 November, 2015
Deadline: 24 November, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Leprosy Mission Nigeria
The Leprosy Mission Nigeria (TLMN) is a Christian NGO working in partnership with the Federal Ministry of Health, providing technical support to Federal and states Leprosy control programmes. We seek to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced Nigerian to the following position.
The Medical Adviser shall be based at the National Coordination Office in Abuja.
He /She shall:
- Provide technical support for the implementation of Global Fund TB program in the states supported by TLM Nigeria.
- Maintain contact with National TB and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP), donors. implementing partners and other stakeholders on behalf'ofthe organization.
- Support the States TBLC Programmes in policy formulation, communication development, advocacy and routine collation of TB data.
- Provide technical assistance in project implementation and assign responsibilities to staff. taking into cognizance skills and ability of such staffto perform up to expectation.
- Analyze field reports to determine weaknesses in programme delivery and suggest recommendations for improvements.
- Lead the production of programmatic and M and E progress reports and ensure timely submission of complete and effective documentations and reports to the National Director, donors and Other stakeholders.
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of Progress Update and Disbursement Request (PUDR) reports.
Interested candidates should have the following:
- first degree from a recognized institution in Medicine & Surgery.
- An MPH would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience on donor funded m projects in Nigeria
- Must be versed in TB programming in Nigeria.
- Proficiency in field based data management and decision making
- Strong skills in leadership, organizational, analytical, institutional capacity strengthening.
- Ability to relate effectively with development partners, Civil Society Organizations and Ministry of Health at national and state levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proficiency in computer 'packages such as MS Word, Excel,
- Powerpoint, Epi-info and SPSS arc necessary
- Experience and good understanding of Global Fund principles and procedures is desirable.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word Document) explaining suitability for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 weeks of this publication. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as for 3 professional referees.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Leprosy Mission NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Transcriber/Transcriptionist at PeachAid Medical Initiative (PMI)
- Jobs at Marie Stopes International (MSION)
- Finance Intern at WaterAid Nigeria
- Financial Secretary at The Skills Outside School Foundation
- Job Opportunity at Oxfam
- Latest Job Vacancies at The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)
- Accounting Job at the German Leprosy and TB Relief Association (GLRA)
- Finance Manager at Creative Associates International