Vacancy at ES Africa
Posted on: 9 November, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Security
View All Jobs at ES Africa
Our client is an international Security, Risk management and Support services group that identifies and manages risk for reputable organisations globally.
MAIN JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Controller, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advice on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Assign and monitor clerical, administrative and secretarial responsibilities and tasks among office staff.
- Allocate available resources to enable successful task performance.
- Co-ordinate office staff activities to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Design and implement filing systems.
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and current.
- Establish and monitor procedures for record keeping.
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data.
- Oversee adherence to office policies and procedures.
- Analyse and monitor internal processes.
- Implement procedural and policy changes to improve operational efficiency.
- Prepare operational reports and schedules to ensure efficiency.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory.
- Review and approve office supply acquisitions.
- Manage internal staff relations.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
Education and Experience
- BSC Accounting; and or Affiliate of Chartered Accountant would be an added advantage.
- 3 -4 years administrative and supervisory experience
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Computer skills and knowledge of office/Account software packages.
COMPENSATION: Highly Attractive
Method of Application
Forward a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell a friend!
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ES AfricaSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at Monaco Guards
- Sales Vacancy at Kaspersky Lab
- Security Officers at Rapid Vigil Security Company
- Human Resource Role at Bemil Nigeria Limited
- Business Development Officer at a Security Services Company - eRecruiter Nigeria
- Head, Business Development Unit at Guardian Global Resources
- Job Vacancies at a Security Services Firm - eRecruiter Nigeria