Executive Career in an Insurance Company
Posted on: 8 November, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Insurance
View All Jobs at Fosad Consulting
Our client, one of Nigeria’s key player in the Insurance Industry is seeking to recruit an experienced candidate for the role of Head, Transaction Settlement. The role holder is responsible for all settlement, clearing and investigations of claims and must have the ability to initiate operational change, understand operations quickly across various units and proffer solution where there are bottlenecks.
- Being the head of the Transaction Settlement Unit of the company, roleholder shall coordinate the definition of standard Operating procedures of each unit in the group aligning them to the organisational objectives.
- Supervises the effective inflow and outflow processes of the Company’s finances.
- Ensures the Reconciliation and resolution of issues from teams in the Customer Experience Group, Life Underwriting, etc.
- Determines, measures, and reports performance measures, service level agreements, and chargeback policies.
- Negotiates SLA between Finance Operations and other groups/units within the business in accordance to the set business objetives.
- Ensures SLA with Banks is strictly adhered to; monitors compliance to ensure services are delivered at agreed-upon levels.
- Takes ownership of Transaction Settlement functions to ensure it meets the objectives of the business and customers.
- Provides direction and supervision for all the team leads including skill and competency development, so that each team member is continually growing into higher responsibility in the organisation.
- Organises and coordinates appropriate specialised training for Finance Operations Group staff with the aim of improving their skills to efficiently support the operation of the company and delivery of efficient service to customers.
- Responsible for the general supervision of the daily activities of the units within the group.
- Supervises and responsible for the Premium Adminstration
- Any other assignment as advised by the COO from time to time.
- A degree in business, finance, economics or related field.
- 10-15 years financial services operations experience.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, assimilate new information, make sound decisions, manage multiple responsibilities and respond effectively in time pressured situations or to meet tight deadlines.
- Assertive, strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to proactively forge and maintain effective working relationships with staff and management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to appropriately convey information to staff, management and others. Effective presentation skills are also desirable.
- Demonstrated ability in taking on initiative and in being self-directed.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit Fosad's post on Smartecruiters
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Fosad ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at an Insurance Firm Via Human Leadership Resources
- Head, Human Capital Management at MasterMindsHRSG Consulting
- Personal Assistants at the African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re)
- Jobs in the Insurance Industry Via Oscar Temple
- Head, Legal at AXA Mansard Pensions
- Personal Assistant Vacancy at AXA Mansard
- Job Vacancies at an Insurance Firm - Fosad Consulting (UPDATED)
- Head, E-Commerce Group at AXA Mansard