Jobs at Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH)
Posted on: 5 June, 2012
Deadline: 19 June, 2012
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Association for Reproductive and
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is
one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing
programs for improving Reproductive Health, HIV/AlDS, TB and Malaria
prevention, care and treatment, and social marketing, etc. ARFH offers
professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment
and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified candidates
for immediate employment for positions on various projects us follows: (1)
Microbiologist/Laboratory Consultant, (2) Monitoring and Evaluation
Specialist on the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme in
Abuja, (3) Quality Improvement Advisor (QIA) (Reproductive Health) on the
Nigeria Urban Reproductive Health Initiative (NURHl); currently implementing
in four cities: namely, Ibadan, lIorin, Kaduna and Abuja with expansion to
Benin and Zaria by September 20 12; and (4) Internal Auditor.
- Provide overall technical leadership, guidance and
support in the laboratory to implement high quality TB care and
support acclivities at the State and Local Government Area (LGA)
- Coordinate the design, planning and implementation of
the laboratory components of the TB care and treatment programmes at
the State and community levels.
- Provide technical assistance in capacity building for
laboratory services at the health facilities and other settings at
both the State and LGA levels.
- Conduct laboratory systems assessment and review of
activities to evaluate the quality and consistence of laboratory
standards practice at the State and LOA levels.
- Guide, Supervise, coordinate and oversee the activities
of zonal laboratory officers as well as work in close collaboration
with the zonal M&E team to collect laboratory data and can, out
data quality assessment
- Ensure adequate information captured in DHIS on
laboratory reagents and commodities.
- Develop guidelines, tools and recommendations related
to the implementation. testing, monitoring and quality assurance of
lab services for TB care and treatment in collaboration with
laboratory technical staff at the zone.
- Develop quality control and quality assurance systems
and ensure related documentation, training and monitoring.
- Document Lesson learnt from activities related to
laboratory services and management for 1'13 care and treatment and
apply these lessons to improve existing and programmes and design new
- Remain informed on the new findings in the field of
laboratory technology that relate to TB care and treatment by
reviewing current literature and draw implications from the search for
Candidates should possess a medical degree specializing
in Microbiology or a Master's degree in Laboratory Sciences or related
field with 5 or more years post qualification work experience: including a
minimum of 3 years experience in TB care and Treatment lit clinical level.
Also preferred are experiences in PCR technique and laboratory TB
activities. A PhD degree in Microbiology will be an added advantage.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION SPECIALIST
- Assist in the design, implementation and supervision of
monitoring and evaluation activities for TB control activities at the
State and LGA levels with primary focus on the community-based
- Coordinate and provide technical assistance for the
implementation of M&E activities for the TB projects at the State
and LGA levels and strengthen community involvement and participation
in TB activities
- Work directly with the implementing partners
(community-based organizations), LGA PHC coordinators. LGA TB
supervisors to facilitate the implementation of high quality M&E
system for TB care activities
- Work closely with other staff to ensure synergy
relevant to the implementation and documentation of TB activities at
the LGA level.
- Develop, review and ensure correct implementation of
the TB M&E plan as a subset of national M&E plan Ensure that
M&E strategies are implemented according to plan
- Develop and/or adapt. monitor the use of and inform
necessary modification to M&E tools
- Support timely and accurate data flow and prepare and
review reports from sub recipients, program staff, etc.
Applicants must possess MPH, MD or PhD in Social Science
or Medical Statistics. Preference will be given to candidates with a
minimum of 5 years experience, including 3-5 years experience in monitoring
and evaluation in an NGO environment. A sound knowledge of statistics,
computer literacy and experience working with local partners, including
local NGOs and CBOs and knowledge of local context are essential.
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT ADVISOR (REPRODUCTIVE
- Provide oversight and management of capacity and
skills building of service providers for provision of quality family
planning (FP) services (clinical, CTV, CLMS, counseling) and work with
relevant institutions to deploy this.
- Provide technical guidance and direction for project's
site based staff in supporting QI and health systems' strengthening
- Provide input on strategic project issues especially
on the Quality Improvement agenda including supportive supervision.
- Ensure synergy and coordination with other NURHI
project advisors and strategies
- Participate in and support relevant M&E functions
and documentation efforts, and harmonize field reports through
strategic analysis in line with project objectives
- Ensure linkages with other collaborating partners and
relevant organizations and facilitate replication of project models in
the expansion sites and within the organization.
- Extend frontiers of the project through networking and
Linkages, and evolve strategies to fill observed gaps in the project.
- Contribute to NURHI's efforts to build the local
capacity of Nigerian local organizations in the areas of quality
improvement with ARFH serving as lead.
Candidates must possess a Medical or Nursing degree with
vast experience working in the field of Reproductive Health, including
Family Planning with ability to combine clinical skills and public health
programme management. Possession of. at least. 5 years working experience
with Local or International NGOs is an added advantage, Good communication
skills and proficiency in oral and written English and Office Microsoft!
applications is mandatory. Ability to document and track progress through
strategic reviews is an added advantage, Flexibility to travel as at and
wheI1ueeded to project sites to provide guidance on field implementation.
Internal Auditor - lbadan
- Conducts check and verification of payable and
receivable accounts to ensure improving and complying with organizational
policies and procedures, relevant laws (local and international) and
- Conducts pre-payment audit review of payment vouchers
and supporting documents.
- Conducts post-payment audit on bank/cash operations
and verifies payments to third parties. Participates in audit
follow-up review, special audits, loss and fraud investigations
- Monitors compliances to internal control guidelines
and procedures and assists in evaluation of systems control\. Makes
trips to sub-recipients' sites for project monitoring and
- Contributes to the process of budgets and budgetary
- Supports in designing, installing, implementing and
maintaining adequate accounting and internal control systems.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly audit reports for ARFH
management and other stakeholders, Supports in providing quality
control cheeks on the project
- Coordinates the annual audits with the external
A chartered accountant with over 5 years experience
working in accounting firms or NGOs. He/she should be a good team player,
and have strong communication skill; ability to interact at all levels of
management. donors, Sub-recipients and external auditors.
The salary attached to these positions is competitive;
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter
in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job
to the various E-mail addresses within one week of this publication. Please
indicate the position applied for as the subject matter of the E-mail.
Application that fails to comply with the above instructions "'ill be
disqualified while only short-listed applicants will be contacted, Applicants
should indicate their availability foriml1.1ediate engagement.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Association for Reproductive and Family HealthSimilar Jobs
- Administration and Logistics Assistant at Cuso International
- Latest Job Vacancy at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Consultancy Role at The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Job Vacancy at The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
- Latest Job Opportunity at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Human Resource Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Job Opening at Oxfam
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF International