Mentor IMC Group offers more than 25 years oil & gas sector exclusive expertise in providing experienced project management and technical specialists to the world’s leading oil & gas companies. We assist our clients to implement and execute onshore and offshore projects by providing a reliable source of high quality project expertise primarily on a secondment basis. We operate from our own offices located in Europe, S.E. Asia, Korea, Australia and USA.
Mentor IMC Group supplies national and internationally experienced Project Specialists from the initial Conceptual / FEED stage onwards i.e. through Engineering, Construction, Commissioning and Operations. A key component of our success is our ability to accurately comprehend our client’s specific requirement, and to deliver an individual specialist or project team solution tailored to meet the technical and geographical requirements of the project, wherever this may be required.
The QC Superintendent will report on weekly basis to Project Quality Control Engineer. The role will also have a functional reporting line to the FPSO QAQC Package Leader and Head of Security. The job holder will have the responsibility to ensure that for all QAQC activities at fabrication yard, HSE and Security is given the right level of attention throughout all phases of the project and that corresponding requirements stated in Contracts Exhibit G, Exhibit H and General Specification are properly implemented by all involved.
The Job Holder Is Directly Responsible To
- Acts as Project Quality Engineer/QC Coordinator in absence
- Ensure Project Quality Management Team, OTHER CONTRACTORS' and OTHER SUBCONTRACTORS are aligned with the project quality policy, objectives and principles.
- Provide indoctrination and training for personnel.
- Direct implementation of COMPANY IIF program within the site/yard QA/QC organization.
- Actively promote quality awareness and commitment within the Project.
- Ensure that Project contracts technical and quality requirements are met.
- Assure that activities required for the quality management system are planned, implemented, controlled, and their progress monitored and reported.
- Coordinate all the activities of the site QC Supervisors and Inspectors and report to Package QA Lead
- Oversee development and maintenance of site/yard QA/QC Programs.
- Maintain interfaces with Project Team and Site management and monitor the plans and activities of Site QA/QC.
- Monitor quality performance and coordinate Project quality reporting.
- Ensure that concessions and deficiencies are properly documented, processed and reported to Yard Representative and Package Quality Lead
- Monitor collation of fabrication quality records to assure accurate and efficient collation and ‘on time’ delivery of quality records and MRB Review and Progress Reporting.
- Ensure Non-conformances are followed and resolved with the help of other inspectors
- Attend weekly and monthly quality meetings with OTHER CONTRACTORS' / OTHER SUBCONTRACTOR and report back to Project Quality Package Lead.
- Follow up with the help of other inspectors the Review of the “As Built” Dossier for completeness and compliance.
- Ensures compliance with internal Quality procedures.
- Adheres to Company work processes to ensure that deliverables and documents are of consistent high quality.
- Plans work and establishes priorities to ensure work is completed and reported on schedule.
- Represents Company and SERVICE CONTRACTOR in a positive and professional manner.
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned by Project Team/PQM/Package Manager
- Ensure all HSE issues are properly addressed and monitored by the construction team within his discipline and report to management in accordingly
- To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be assigned by his hierarchical superiors.
- Prepared and issued Inspection Release Certificates.
- Represent the FPSO Project in all Quality activities in the fabrication yard.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- Detailed Engineering for FPSO is done mostly in Nigeria
- Nigerian Content Fabrication for 6 modules, pressure vessel, flare tower and structure appurtenance.
- The Integration of the FPSO and Nigerian content will be performed in Nigeria.
- The job shall be site based at the FPSO fabrication worksite; however it will be initially located in Lagos during detail engineering period.
- High standard of verbal and written communications, including:
- report writing, presentations, diplomacy and assertiveness.
- Strategic thinking – Decision Making - Listening and reception. Problem Solving Spirit of Enterprise - Relations management. Flexibility – Excellence orientation.
- Innovation – Change management. Planning target control – Communication. Experience with latest inspection and monitoring methods.
- Good working knowledge of ANSI, ASME, API) Codes, metallurgy, welding engineering, NDT used in FPSO design and construction of Pressure vessel.
- Understand UT Inspection is a major advantage as the Quality Lead on site.
- Graduate Bachelors degree (B. Sc) or equivalent in engineering disciplines relevant to Oil& Gas and Construction engineering activities.
- Professional Experience (number of years): 10-15 years of relevant construction experience in Oil and Gas Production Projects.
- Possession of Recognized Quality Assurance or Quality Management qualification and a formal training in ISO 9001:2008 standards.
- Administrative skill including proficiency in typical office application (Words, Excel, Power Point, etc)
- Fluent in English and able to communicate at all level within the Company. Good planning capacity, presentation , negotiation and organizational skills
- Analytical thinking competency, able to analyze and propose recommendation base on statistical data
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidatees should visit Mentor IMC Group Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale