Somotex Nigeria Limited is a manufacturer and supplier of cooling systems - air conditioners and refrigerators partnering with Midea of China, and Chest Freezers in relationship with Tamashi.
Somotex is also a major importer of tyres and a major partner of Havells-Electrical in Industrial and Home appliances. The company provides after sales support service for all her product lines. Good communication skills is a key requirement for staff recruitment.
· Identify, develop and execute product strategy based on company objectives, market characteristics and trends and profitability requirements
· Monitor and analyze the competitive landscape, business developments and market trends to identify opportunities and ensure product offering is properly positioned
· Identify new influential designs and meaningful product innovation to accentuate current portfolios.
· Identify and develop Brand extensions into parallel categories.
· Define and develop product positioning, messaging, feature specifications, unique selling proposition and pricing strategies
· Lead cross-functional teams to deliver new, innovative products to market on time and on budget
· Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as return-on-investment and profit-loss projections
· Execute the development, design and production of packaging, literature, signage and marketing materials in accordance with branding strategies
· Develop and participate in presentations to internal and key strategic retail account
· Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Business required; MBA a plus
· 4 -5 years or more of product development/brand experience in consumer durable goods industry experience required
· Demonstrated success managing and executing multiple product launch cycles, from idea generation to product delivery
· Keen eye for influential product design and innovation.
· An Entrepreneur with a flare and drive to produce uniqueness with features that matters across product portfolio
· Ability to understand consumer needs and marketplace trends and translate these into successful new product offerings and product improvements
· Experience developing new consumer products for market including definition of concepts, positioning, features, benefits and pricing
· Excellent understanding of business analytics to make informed business decisions
· Ability to effectively provide direction and problem solve in a timely manner
· Ability to juggle structure and lead complex projects, monitor progress against key milestones and deliver on time and on budget
· Direct experience in managing, guiding and placing accountability with overseas manufacturing partners.
· Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to give public presentations
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org