Why work with us?
Life at ehealth Africa means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology. When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Summary: The Asset Manager (AM) is responsible for delivering strategic asset management planning, the management of information systems, property records, databases and undertaking cyclical property condition reviews to inform future investment decision for eHA. S/he oversees all efforts in managing a portfolio of various asset types across eHA and analyzes requirements, suggests improvement to processes to increase effectiveness for all asset management activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and oversee the implementation of the asset management system, including: the establishment of asset management policies and procedures, asset management standards, asset management plans and procedures.
- Develops and maintains asset registers, including; acquisitions, maintenance management, transfers and valuations. Develops, implements and manages mechanisms to safeguard assets.
- Develops asset needs assessment, acquisition management, operational and disposal plans. Executes and monitors the implementation of asset acquisition, maintenance and disposal plans.
- Prepares a business plan for the life cycle of assets, including; an analysis of pricing options utilizing life cycle cost, and recommendations on the most appropriate asset solutions.
- Identify and manage risk within the logistics activities.
- Responsible for the management, and maintenance of the computerized asset management system and other associated databases and ensuring accurate information.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date asset registers to minimize fraud or misuse of equipment or materials. Implements a FEFO (First Expire, First Out) or FIFO (First In, First Out) practice, which ever suits the current stockholding.
- Ensures that all asset policies and protocols are adhered to. These procedures will have the corresponding administrative follow up completed. Ensures that all enquiries, complaints and correspondence are dealt with efficiently, promptly and effectively.
- Produces regular reports and statistics relating to all aspects of the condition of eHA’s assets by various property type and location.
- Monitors full compliance of asset activities with eHA’s Procedures, Ensures effective use of internal Standard Operating Procedures in asset Management, control of the workflows. Makes recommendations for developing or revising internal asset plans and procedures.
- Evaluates existing asset management systems and the design, implementation and management of new/ improved systems for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participate actively in meetings, ensuring a full consideration of asset service issues.
- Keeps abreast of technology advances, and apply the appropriate technology in order to improve logistics processes Attends and participates in professional associations, meetings, seminars, conferences and trainings to stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of Asset Management.
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervises assigned stores staff.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Management, Statistics, Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years professional related experience in stock and asset management preferably within NGO/ healthcare managing diverse asset operations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience. Demonstrated knowledge of inventory management, principles and method.
- Ability to manage multiple assets simultaneously and work under various timelines.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and adhere to business-critical deadlines. Strong organizational, numerical, problem-solving and analytical skills required. Task oriented, and possesses a track record of meeting deadlines and delivering on goals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Tools and techniques for asset verification.
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders.
- Ability to work with multiple areas within organization to get business objectives, and software requirements etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
- Good learning ability. Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment
Certifications and Licenses
- Computer Skills
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, (including Excel).
- Proficiency working within Specialized asset management software. Ability to operate in business systems. Must be well versed in data manipulation to provide direction to team on analyzing spend and assessing inventory.
- Demonstrated expertise with document based databases,
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret data that is not well defined or documented and develop recommendations based on findings.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit eHealth's job post on TheResumator
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.