If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
SMEC is a professional services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high-quality consultancy services for major infrastructure projects.
SMEC is ranked among the world's top infrastructure design firms and continues to win industry awards for technical excellence, design innovation and the management of environmental and social risks.
The SMEC Profile:
- It is our culture to celebrate diversity, employ great people and work on interesting projects
- We are a private company, wholly owned by our people
- We have an established network of over 70 permanent offices around the world and over 5,000 employees
- We offer our people opportunities to work, both in Australia and internationally, in the areas of: Transport; Water; Geotechnics and Tunnels; Environment; Urban Development; Hydropower and Energy; Social Development; Government and Advisory Services; and Mining, Oil and Gas.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job No: 496872
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Transport, Civil Infrastructure
- We are currently seeking talented Operations Manager, West Africa Region. Based in Abuja, the jobholder is responsible for the management of all projects in part of the West Africa Region, specifically Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone and Liberia.
- Management of all projects in the designated section of the West Africa Region under the direction of Regional Manager West Africa Region and in consultation with respective Functional Managers and Country Managers.
- To act as Project Director of selected projects in the West Africa Region.
- To assist in setting up all new projects in his region in collaboration with respective Country Managers. This may include physical arrangement with respect to housing, accommodation, travel of staff, logistics, office equipment, etc.
- Recruitment and mobilization of project technical and support staff in close consultation with Functional Managers and Project Managers.
- Preparation or review of all contracts with staff working in his region's projects.
- To assist in Project Managers in preparation of sub consultancy and joint-venture agreements as may be applicable with associates and JV partners.
- To monitor financial performance of projects and ensure performance as per project budget including re-planning of projects.
- To monitor project invoicing and following up payment of invoices in conjunction with the SMEC Financial Manager for Africa and Project Managers.
- To visit the projects when needed to resolve contractual, staffing, and financial issues.
- To adhere strictly to SMEC's Business Management System (BMS), Quality Management Systems (QMS) and OH&S procedures.
Assigned Responsibilities as may be required:
- To act as Regional Manager West Africa in the absence of RM when requested.
- To attend contract negotiation on behalf of the Regional Manager West Africa when requested
Key Performance Indicators
- Brand awareness and SMEC cultural development,
- Quality, professionalism, technical innovation and excellence,
- Achieving budget, overhead, and contribution,
- Achievement of debtors' age which is an indicator of swift payment of invoices on ongoing and new projects,
- Project delivery to meet client's Terms of Reference (TOR) and SMEC's expected financial Contribution
- Commercial awareness, timely submission of invoices and financial reports, reduction of lock-up,
- Management of overhead budgets,
- Promoting staff development and project team management, and
- Systems development.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree level qualification, preferably in Civil Engineering or a similar field from an accredited university/college,
- Minimum of eight years of practical experience in Operations/Projects
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a culturally diverse and multi-disciplinary environment,
- Sound knowledge of Quality Assurance (QA).
- Minimum of Three (3) years' experience in project management,
- Ability to write effectively in English to furnish reports and to prepare business development materials including proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully undertake and deliver client's TOR, and
- Project Management and hands-on experience, encompassing administrative, commercial and technical aspects, in delivering within project based budgets and timelines.
- Flexible and friendly working environment
- Excellent opportunity to become a valued member of SMEC's multidisciplinary team
- Outstanding career prospects
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should visit SMEC Nigeria Career Page