Jumia is the largest e-commerce mall in Africa with over 100,000 unique visitors a day, buying everything from Fashion to Phones. Founded in 2012 in Nigeria, Jumia's mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience.
Jumia is part of Africa Internet Group, a leading global incubator of startups specialised in e-commerce. Africa Internet Group is Africa's leading internet firm, with already over 3,000 employees in over 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia.com, Kaymu.com, Hellofood.com, Lamudi.com, Carmudi.com and Jovago.com. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom and Rocket Internet.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Africa Internet Group steps in.
The Onsite Merchandizer Associate is responsible for the overall aspect and maintenance of the website and app. He must be aware of his responsibility as a steward and the first link with our customers. His work is the showcase of our entire company.
You will report to the Onsite Merchandizer and Top Management. The position is based in our office in Lagos.
Your position as Onsite Merchandizer Associate entails:
- Update and maintain the website on a daily basis to optimize revenues (incl. campaigns, banners, content, etc.),
- Create and maintain static pages, as well as optimize according to performance,
- Coordinate (incl. briefings) with designers to get best in class designs for campaign implementation,
- Implement the weekly commercial plan and campaigns for main commercial events,
- Provide business-oriented insight to the Onsite Merchandizer,
- Optimize the website to improve performance,
- Responsible for the quality of website content,
- Implement new IT/technical features,
- Well organized and with a good sense of anticipation,
- Fast learner and initiative taker,
- Rigorous in execution, strong attention to details,
- Trustworthy and very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations,
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines,
- Previous experience in online marketing, project management or IT,
- Coding skills (HTML, CSS, Java) and Photoshop is a plus, at ease with website back-end tools,
go to method of application »
Today, we are looking for an experienced and talented leader that is thriving to join a very fast growing environment, allowing him or her to take over the reins of the corporate sales department of the undisputed biggest e-commerce in Nigeria.
We are looking for young talented, customer centric, professionals with offline sales experience in Nigeria. As Head of B2B2C, your job responsibilities would be:
- Own fully the P&L of the B2B2C channels both for GM and fashion
- Develop and manage our team of B2B2C Sales agents (100+ as of now)
- Develop our knowledge and network of retail customers, and learn to actively manage them
- Collaborate closely with the Commercial team into a proper planning conversation to propose the most relevant assortment for the B2B2C channel
- Spearhead geographical expand the offline sales into Nigeria
- Leadership over the team recruitment & expansion exercise
- Set-up and management of the coaching team
- Devising payment and services offerings strategy for the channel
Qualifications and Requirements
- Demonstrated very solid track record in retail sales channel management in Nigeria (At-least 5 years), ideally for a renowned FMCG – can prove and rely upon a solid understanding of retails channels in Nigeria
- Ability to immerse in a very young, fast-paced and energetic environment
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills and strong proficiency with excel
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, as well as sales agents, and is fulfilled by an outdoor – not a behind a desk - job
- Strong drive and unwavering discipline, coupled with a strong sense of team coaching and nurturing
- Regular travels to our top priorities city to be expected
- Self-motivated, delivers quality work and is proactive
- Result driven as this is a high-performance, output environment
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply by visiting Jumia's Career Site on Taleo
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale