New Job Position at Save the Children International
Posted on: 2 November, 2015
Deadline: 16 November, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Save The Children
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in almost 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Across all of our work, we pursue several core values: accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity.
To lead on responding to and managing the growing needs within the Nigeria programme for effective core logistics capacity to support ongoing development programmes and emergency response interventions. In this to ensure that all logistics policies and procedures of Save the Children are strictly adhered to and also to ensure that Save the Children's commitment to improving quality and accountability in development and humanitarian work is upheld, through reference to the Sphere Standards, Save the Children Quality Framework Essential Standards and the NGO Code of Conduct.
Qualifications and experience
- At least 7 years of International experience - of which at least 4 years with an INGO - in supply chain management, inclusive of procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse and stock management
- Strong experience in vehicle and fleet management
- Robust experience of NGO project cycle management and experience of working within a complex and matrix organisation structure
- Master's degree in Logistics, MBA or any other relevant degree coupled with good work experience in Logistics and supply chain management.
- Experience of building and developing the capacity of logistics staff through the use of training, performance management frameworks and development plans.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and capacities to plan and think strategically
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proficiency with Excel and Word platforms
- Experience in distributions of both NFIs and food items in emergency context
- Working experience in Nigeria and/or West Africa
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with various incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's aims, values and principles, including rights-based approaches
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Save the Children International Career Page
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Save The ChildrenSimilar Jobs
- Intern I at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Consultant - Educating Nigerian Girls in New Enterprises (ENGINE) II Programme at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Job Openings at The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- External Auditor at the Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities (JONAPWD)
- Graduate Communications Intern at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Job Vacancies at the Agency For Technical Cooperation And Development (ACTED)
- National NGO Programme Coordinator at Christian Aid (CA)
- Security Manager, Nigeria at Global Communities