Mercy Corps has been present in Nigeria since 2012, focusing its interventions on women’s empowerment, economic development and conflict mitigation. We are looking for a motivated individual, who is enthusiastic about the work we do and is looking to work within a dynamic team to fill the vacant position of Capacity Building Coordinator (Level 4)
Location: Abuja - Nigeria (with travel to Northeast Nigeria estimated at about 20% of time)
General Position Summary
The Capacity Building Coordinator will lead and deliver various trainings and other capacity building activities that aim to increase abilities of international and local organizations in Nigeria to better respond to humanitarian needs and improve the collection and dissemination of humanitarian information.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide support to the INGO forum activities through the compilation of information and data related to training needs and opportunities. (Gap needs assessments, sourcing training providers etc.)
- Develop work plan and activity budgets for INGO forum activities as decided by management and included in the narrative program proposal and Conduct necessary research pertaining to capacity building objectives
- Mobilize INGO forum members for implementation of activities as necessary.
- Prepare, organize and plan all aspects of trainings , workshops and events including desk research and logistics as defined by the narrative program proposal and decided by management
- Identify and ensure proper adherence to Mercy Corps procurement processes when contracting service providers and partners both at national and international level in relation to activities to be implemented.
- Prepare reports on activities and contribute to any other reports. ;
- Work closely with the Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor to develop tools for monitoring the forum activities and report on indicators.
- Represent Mercy Corps or INGO Forum as requested at meetings with local or international partners, community groups, local administration, government and INGO forum.
- Participate and facilitate coordination and collaboration with other agencies.
- Adherence to all Mercy Corps policies and procedures as outlined in Mercy Corps policies and procedure manuals;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing and reporting
- 3-4 years of experience in project implementation, or work with local partners or in any role that included training and capacity building of staff or partners.
- Bachelor degree in relevant field or equivalent Master’s degree is preferred
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills
- Fluency in English; fluency in Hausa, other local languages is highly recommended.
- The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, with dedication towards community work, commitment to work long hours with limited access to resources.
- S/He will be highly motivated, with initiative and capable to work without direct supervision.
- S/he will be willing to conduct field travels and work in ethnically and culturally diversified and fast growing team.
- S/He will have management and leadership skills and demonstrate capacity make decisions as needed.
- A motivated learner and a passionate activist for the development/humanitarian situation in Nigeria and for the role of the civil society in this context.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their CV's and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications must include the position title in the subject line and not more than 4 pages.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale