Oracle Corporation is an American multinational computer technology corporation headquartered in Redwood City, California, United States. The company specializes in developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products – particularly its own brands of database management systems. As of 2011, Oracle is the second-largest software maker by revenue, after Microsoft.
With more than 380,000 customers—including 100 of the Fortune 100—and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries around the globe, Oracle offers an optimized and fully integrated stack of business hardware and software systems. Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center–from servers and storage, to database and middleware, through applications. Learn more about Oracle http://oracle.com/us/corporate.
Oracle is the world’s largest enterprise software company and the industry's leading database company. Since 1977, Oracle has provided technology, applications, and services that bring companies the most up-to-date and accurate information possible.
We are looking for a seasoned sales individual to sell Oracle technology into the Utilities vertical. Amongst the key responsibilities for the role at the following:
· The Primary job duty of this role to sell technology software products in a defined territory.
· Identify, qualify and close new opportunities.
· Manage accounts including the entire sales process from business development prospecting and specifications through contract negotiations, signing, and post-sales support where required.
· Leverage the Oracle sales model to maximize revenue growth and increase local market share.
· Build and expand business partner revenue and self sufficiency
· Developing a strategy and sales plan to address Database Core Technology Sales in the South African coastal region, cross industry
· Defining appropriate Database Core Technology Sales Value Propositions
· Driving the implementation of sales and marketing campaigns on Database Core Technology Sales
· Generating and following up on leads on Database Core Technology Sales
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical territory (mainly Tier 3 accounts).
Primary job duty is to sell technology software products and related services in a defined territory. Identifies, qualifies and closes new opportunities. Manages accounts including the entire sales process from business development prospecting and specifications through contract negotiations, signing, and post-sales support. Leverages the Oracle sales model to maximize revenue growth and increase local market share. Builds and expands business partner revenue and self sufficiency.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years applicable experience including 7 years of technology sales experience. Ability to forecast, manage sales expenses, and successfully close new Oracle business. Business development, prospecting and presentation skills. Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability. Proven track record of exceeding sales objective and territory/account development. Experience as the focal point for clients for all sales and related issues. Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle*s competitors. Travel may be needed. Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Timewaseswqes
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Oracle Career Page on Taleo