Enugu State Government as a member of 100 Resilient Cities of the World pioneered by The Rockefeller Foundation, New York City, United States of America (U.S.A), in line with due process and laws guiding the Foundation, wishes to advertise the post of:
- The 100 Resilient Cities programme is a visionary approach anchored by The Rockefeller Foundation in building Urban Resilience Strategies worldwide.
- Enugu as the Capital of Enugu State joined the 100 Resilient Cities programme in December 2014 and has been consistent with the programme till date.
The City needs a Chief Resilience Officer (CR0) who will:
- Lead the team of other professionals in both state ministries and private sector to build Resilience strategy especially in key areas like housing, creation of jobs to address high rate of unemployment, flood related problems, poor health facility in a bid to create an efficient City.
- Be the point of contact between the Governor of Enugu State, the City of Enugu and the 100 Resilient Cities’ Team.
- Drive the entire strategy chain of the Resilience building in the City of Enugu.
- Head the mainstream of Urban Renewal Team already existing in the City to create the required vision to achieve the much needed Resilience strategy.
- Drive the resilient team to deliver on Resilience cities’ set targets with stipulated deadlines.
- Coordinate with the local team at the State and Local Government levels to create the required accurate data to aid the Resilience strategy development.
- Serve as the point of contact for all 100 Resilient Cities, 100 RC programmes and administrative activities involving other member Cities to ensure seamless collaboration and exchange of data, training and relevant information needed in building Resilience.
- Engage the entire key Stakeholders to implement Resilience policies and strategies to transform the City of Enugu into an efficient and a sustainable City.
Special Areas of Interest:
The CRO in Enugu shall lead key Stakeholders in building Resilience strategies to advance development in the State, especially in following areas of primary concern:
- High rate of unemployment
- Chronic energy shortage
- Lack of affordable housing
- Poor health infrastructure
- Lack of Infrastructure
- General economic and sustainable business development in the State.
The Enugu CRO Must:
- Have the ability to lead, drive people to achieve the successful implementation of Resilience strategy.
- Have the capacity to communicate fluently in driving Resilience strategies among various Stakeholders and Colleagues.
- Be able to multi-task and communicate across multi-sectors while exhibiting knowledge within any unusual discipline and communities involved in the Resilience building.
- Be a resourceful and target driven person.
- Have the skills to manage projects and exhibit excellent interpersonal relationship among various teams involved in the Resilience building.
- Have a good track record on past successfully managed projects.
- Be a good team player among Peers, Colleagues and various Stakeholders involved in Resilience building.
- Have successfully interacted with local planning authorities on relevant projects and initiatives.
- The Chief Resilience Officer should be a graduate from an accredited University with a Master’s Degree in related fields including Administration.
- He or She should have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in managerial capacity, experiences in Urban Planning, Administration, Project Management and Implementation.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit five copies of their typewritten application with the required documents listed below:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopies of O'Level Certificate(s)
- Bachelors Degree Certificate
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption Certificate (where applicable)
- Masters Degree certificate
- Five (5) recent passport photographs
Applications should be submitted to:
The Office of the Chief Staff,
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale