StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
A Lagos based courier company with fleet of bikes requires the service of an Operations Supervisor who will be responsible for the daily operations and supervision of the business. The ideal candidate must have been in a similar role for the past 5 years (at least).
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for ensuring efficient functioning of the courier unit by planning, managing couriers as well as resolving customers’ issues, complaints and escalations.
- Workflow Management; establishes internal guidelines and procedures for the operations department to ensure high performance from the department
- Implements adequate workflow systems, monitoring mechanisms, and control mechanisms to ensure the expected service levels are delivered
- Takes total charge of the mail room; Plans and assigns route for the couriers as per the load as well as coordinate all deliveries to the client within the estimated time of delivery
- Handles customers incidents and complaints related to his/her team and handles escalations (if any)
- Monitors the daily operational transactions, checks pending deliveries and pickups and takes corrective action accordingly
- Ensures all bulk shipments are delivered within the Estimated Delivery Time; Monitors transit time performance against actual performance targets
- Modifies department work plans according to changes in operations such as leave, or a heavy workload
- Interacts with various business units (Customer Service, Operations, Logistics & Cargo) to plan and execute Client requirements
- Develops and implements required procedures and policies in order to continuously improve operational efficiency in courier service
- Financial responsibility for revenue growth, cost control, debt collection and overall responsibility for budgetary deliverables in courier operations
- Market intelligence gathering through monitoring competitor activities and generation and analysis of reports pertaining to the same
- Ensures that operational procedures are in place to ensure safe collection and dispatch of customer’s items and maintenance of data and records thereof
- Ensures service levels in terms of delivery and collection are met through monitoring of service levels returns
- Ensures proper resource utilization and rationalization including human resource and the required work tools
- Maintains Proof of delivery (POD) management and imputation on excel sheet
- Participates in budgeting and budget implementation process for the courier services business
- Mentors operations team and provides 'hands-on' technical leadership as required
- Bachelor Degree (minimum of second class lower)
- Membership of Nigerian Institute of Logistic (will be advantage)
- Must be computer literate with good practical knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience courier/logistics/haulage management
Method of Application
Send applications and CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘Courier Supervisor’ and the name of the courier company you have worked as subject of application before 10th November 2015. E.g ‘Courier Supervisor – Transit’
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale