- This role is accountable for growing our business in Nigeria and for establishing a commercial presence in other regional feed and animal protein markets with focus on Ivory Coast, Ghana, Senegal and Cameroon
- The role includes the implementation of NOVUS strategy in the area. It covers visits to customers and prospects, presentation
of products and services to decision makers, identification of new customers, distributors, new customer segments and new business opportunities
- An important part of the role is to be involved on securing and expanding Novus business in Nigeria via a fully dedicated and close managed Novus distributor there and sub-agents;. This will demand physical presence in Nigeria at least include be present one week at least per month in Nigeria.
- Sales and Marketing management: The function handles the sales forecast for the area of responsibility and includes the follow-up of distributors and customer orders including payments. As well as representation and relationship building with other stakeholders in the region as professional associations, universities, etc. The function coordinates training and follow-up of Novus distributors and sub-agents. Other activities include budgeting, forecasting and coordinating regulatory follow-up in area.
- Business development: The function is accountable of Novus business development in ECOWAS (Economic Community Of West African States) and CEMAC (Communauté Économique & Monétaire de l'Afrique Centrale) region to maximize long term value and short term profit in line with Novus strategy ; Support business development of existing activities while diversifying the company and support the distributor sales activity (and also direct sales) in the region to extend the customer base, to set up and to train the proper sales organization (distributors, agents)
- Proven track record in business development with at least 10 years of commercial experience in the Agribusiness sector (B2B) in West Africa.
- Knowledge of the feed business is a plus.
- Required geographical mobility
- Fluent in English and French
- Sales and Negotiation skills to negotiate with customers and distributors
- Communication / interpersonal skills to build positive relationships and to motivate distribution partners and internal support functions that interact with the role. Good presentation skills
- Interpersonal & Leadership Skills to motivate the regional network (co-workers, distributor, agent) to stay focused on reaching company’s objectives and regional goals.
- Good team player and multi-cultural exposure.
- Self-sufficient, organized and proactive, but used to follow internal procedures and rules.
- MS Office working knowledge.