A Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the following position:
The Grants Manager will serve as the principal point of contact and Manager for Grant Administration. S/he will be responsible to ensure effective and efficient management of grants administration and to ensure flexible, innovative, and rapid-response mechanisms are designed to target key zones within Nigeria. S/he will also ensure that the Grant Management and administrative function is always in compliance with the organizations’ policies and procedures; and will work towards capacity building of the recipients as well as other staff members in the area of grants management.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Grants Manager reports to the Operations Manager/Deputy Chief of Party. The Grants Manager supervises Grants Officers and Grants Specialists.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides oversight and management of grants staff and grants program;
- Organizes and coordinates organizational staffing structure and workflow of grants staff activities and administration;
- Responsible for ensuring quality control and the integrity of the online grant database and ensures that the data in the system is always up-to-date;
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the organization’s grant policies as detailed in the Field Manual and the projects Grant Manual;
- Coordinate closely with program staff to ensure timely administration and monitoring of grant agreements;
- Coordinate with finance, procurement, and program staff to facilitate grantee kick-off meeting, monitoring and closeout of grant activities;
- Provide guidance and interpretation for program staff as well as grantees of organization’s grants policies and procedures and IDO regulation;
- Manage the grants and direct implementation pipeline;
- Ensure that grant master files are always up-to-date and ready for audit;
- Lead the grants management team to serve as a central point of grant activity coordination and facilitation;
- Provide support to technical units on grants compliance and the online grants database;
- Provide training in grants compliance to project staff;
- Other tasks as needed.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience (including at least two years of supervisory experience) working in complex and challenging field operational contexts;
- Bachelors’ degree or professional accounting/financial qualification is required;
- Experience managing teams,
- Minimum two years financial administration experience essential
- Competent in computers and using financial software essential
- Understanding of budget and cost control management essential
- Excellent written and spoken English essential
- IDO program experience desirable
- Grants program experience desirable
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents by:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND
- A cover letter.
Please reference the job title and location on the cover letter and resume/CV.
Alternatively, Please Submit Applications to:
PO Box # 20350
ATTN: Human Resources Office
Abuja FCT, Nigeria.
Or to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale