Vacancy at Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI)
Posted on: 29 October, 2015
Deadline: 7 November, 2015
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at NEITI
Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI) is the Nigerian sub-set of The global Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) that aims to improve Transparency in transactions between governments and companies operating in the Extractive industry sector. In a bid to strengthen NEITI's Technical capacity and provide direction for the Technical Department, NEITI requires the services of highly motivated expert to fill the position of:
The Director Technical will be required to carry out functions including but not limited to:
- Develop operational policies and procedures in line with Extractive industry practice that will guide and facilitate the review of the annual industry audit reports.
- Provide expertise, leadership and technical support as regards to the core function of the Extractive Industries sector’s annual audit being managed and initiated by the secretariat.
- Design, develop and monitor the implementation of a technical capacity building strategy that will facilitate the building of the technical competence of in-house skill and other relevant stakeholders in understanding and interpreting key issues identified and or highlighted by the annual audits conducted by the secretariat.
- Conduct periodic technical systems assessment and review of activities to evaluate the quality and consistency of the annual audit reports submitted to the secretariat to provide second opinion and ensure accuracy of the reports
- Design, Develop and implement a framework for tracking allocation, disbursement and application of revenues from the extractive sector
- Develop strategies for monitoring accountability transparency and due process in the revenue flow of the extractive industry.
- Guide, supervise, coordinate and oversee all the activities of the Department and ensure adequate utilization of human, material and other resources.
- Develop and monitor implementation of adequate documentation and training of the department’s staff.
- Define overall operational plan for the management of the day-to-day technical related issues or the organization.
- Manage cross-functional relationships with other departments and units.
- Design, develop and monitor the planning of Extractive lndust4-ies ongoing Revenue tracking, Monitoring and Evaluation for purposes of making proactive recommendations and data analysis that increase transparency and accountability.
- Accurately provide an independent opinion on technical issues raised in the report in line with the standard practice and or based on other source and available information.
- Proactively develop systems and processes that will be used to acid test technical findings and or technical opinions in order to ensure quality control and or integrity of the opinions and or findings.
- Ensure prompt generation of management Information report as at when due.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Executive Secretary
- Candidates should possess 1st and 2nd degrees in Geology, Engineering, Economics, Accountancy, Oil & Gas, Engineering or Petroleum Economics.
- Professional certification in the above fields will be an added advantage
- Candidates should also possess at least 18 years post-qualification, relevant experience, 5 of which should be at top management level in mining, oil and gas and Auditing.
- The candidate should have in-depth experience and knowledge of the reform Initiatives/Governance in the extractive industries sector.
- Specific knowledge required for the position include Public financial Management, Good Corporate Governance Principles, Intricacies of Extractive Industries Operations and Regulation, Auditing of Extractive Industries, Strategic plan development and implementation, Employee Performance Management, Change Management, etc.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their application showing clearly how they meet the requirements for the position along with their resume (as a single word document) using the title of the position and name of the candidate as the subject of the mail to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about NEITISimilar Jobs
- Engineers at Louis Berger Nigeria
- Welding Supervisor at Tranos Contracting Limited
- Fresh Vacancies at ABB
- Business Development Manager at a Water Engineering and Renewable Energy Company - Simeons Pivot Resources
- Supply Chain Coordinator at Aggreko Nigeria
- Sales Engineer at Nigeria Machine Tools Limited
- Latest Jobs at an Engineering and Power Company - Willers Solutions
- Production Manager at TRANOS