United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), Nigeria is supporting the Government of Nigeria to strengthen prevention of and response all forms of violence against children. In particular, assistance will be provided to strengthen the child protection system, including through modelling the system in four States, in order to demonstrate the impact of a well-functioning child protection system, to develop a common model for operationalizing the Child Rights Act at State level and to develop standardized tools, including regulations, working protocols and training manuals to govern the system.
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Vacancy Number: VN-NGR-64-2015
Level: National Professional (NO-B)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: Two years
Purpose of the Post
- Under the general supervision of the Education Specialist in the D-field office Bauchi, contributes to programme design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, data analysis and progress reporting with a focus on girl& education and Integrated Qur'anic Education (IQE).
- Commitment for enhancement of gender-sensitive teamwork and capacity building, in support of achievement of planned objectives of the work plan, aligned with country programme goals and strategy.
- The incumbent of the post will provide technical support far effective delivery of the Girls Education Project Phase 3 (GEP3): a) Support project planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation of quality interventions under GEP3; (b) Support the development of policy frameworks and advocacy on girls education at different levels, and (c) Ensure effective management and coordination of partners for quality delivery of expected results
Qualifications and Competencies Required
- University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas Education, Primary Education, or a Social Sciences or a field(s) relevant to international development assistance. Training in Qur'anic education and teaching qualification an advantage.
- Two years of progressive professional work experience at national or international levels relevant to Education programmes. Experience in capacity development, planning and administration, monitoring and evaluation. Experience in classroom teaching, and local materials and curriculum development an advantage.
- Experience working in the UN or other international development, organization an asset. Experience in national level development assistance is an asset. Experience with addressing gender disparities an asset.
- Background in Emergency programmes an asset.
- Fluency in English and local working language of the duty station.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the technical areas of UNICEF Education programme.
- Advanced Technical Knowledge of the theories, principles and methods in one of the following areas: Education; Primary Education, Economics, Social Sciences, and/or related fields.
- Gender and diversity awareness.
- Knowledge of theories and practices in: Programme/project management in Education, Monitoring and Evaluation, Training and Capacity Development in Education, Alternative Basic Education, Curriculum Development and Knowledge Management.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application, accompanied by updated CV's in English and a completed United Nations Personal History Form.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org While sending their applications, candidates are advised to put the position title on the subject line of their emails.
Click here to download United Nations Personal History Form
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale