If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), in coordination with Regional Emergency and Post Crisis (EPC) Specialist in RO Dakar and technical oversight of IOM Headquarters (HQs) Department of Operations & Emergencies (DOE), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for all operations and coordination activities organized by IOM Mission in Nigeria in relation to the humanitarian crisis in the North East.
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND NON-REPRESENTED MEMBER STATES CANDIDATES IOM has a proactive recruitment policy to increase the representation of nationals of non- represented member states.
Qualified applicants from the following countries will be favourably considered: Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Benin, Botswana, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Czech Republic, Comoros, Djibouti, El Salvador, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guyana, Holy See, Iceland, Israel, Jamaica, Lesotho, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Maldives, Malta, Marshall Islands, Montenegro, Micronesia, Mongolia, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Republic of Congo, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Somalia, Suriname, Swaziland, Tanzania, Timor Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and monitor administrative and operational activities of approved emergency related projects.
- Monitor, supervise and oversee the Project Managers/Officers responsible for the execution of emergency projects. Ensure the application of the strategy, procedural standards and policies of IOM emergency projects.
- akeholders of the Emergency Shelter (ES)/NFI/CCCM working group, as well as with the National and State level Emergency Management Agencies (N/SEMA), local authorities, and donors.
- Ensure IOM ES/NFI/CCCM fulfill its sectorial coordination functions under the leadership of the NEMA and establish linkages between coordination mechanisms at state level and the national level in Abuja.
- Identify new opportunities consistent with the approved emergency projects and ongoing activities. Recommend projects' improvements.
- Contribute to the development of emergency response project implementation strategies aimed at meeting the projects' objective.
- Review and adjust proposals to ensure consistency with relevant priorities of IOM Nigeria emergency response, including IOM role in ES/NFI and CCCM sector coordination, taking into consideration available resources. Formulate and present such proposals through the use of technical and substantive inputs, in accordance with the required format for final review and approval.
- Prepare or ensure timely preparation and submission of all emergency project reports according to IOM and donor formats as required. Prepare regular updates, project summaries, press releases and other relevant materials.
- Provide financial, administrative and logistical backstopping to identify, train and supervise staff in accordance with IOM's procedures and regulations.
- Undertake duty travel relating to need assessments, emergency project monitoring, and liaison with counterparts, problem solving, and new project development, as required.
- Represent IOM in inter-agency coordination forum and other as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA);
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations;
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners;
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master's degree in International Relations, Political Science, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Practical experience with international organizations, in development, implementation and evaluation, and/or project implementation and management;
- Experience in Camp Coordination and Camp Management, ES/NFI, Shelter, DTM and project management and/or coordination;
- Familiarity with different project cycle steps and donor relations;
- Ability to supervise large numbers of staff;
- Experience in liaising with government authorities, inter-governmental institutions, other national and international institutions and national and international NGOs;
- Previous experience working in Nigeria is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of Arabic or French is an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by November 10, 2015 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: http://www.iom.int/how-apply
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly filled in and submitted with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application in your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
Posting period: From 27.10.2015 to 10.11.2015
Requisition: SVN 2015/142 (P) - Programme Coordinator (Emergency Response) (P3) - Abuja, Nigeria (54697774) Released Posting: SVN 2015/142 (P) - Programme Coordinator (Emergency Response) (P3) - Abuja, Nigeria (54697777) Released