Nigeria LNG Limited was incorporated as a limited liability company on May 17, 1989 to harness Nigeria's vast natural gas resources and produce Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs) for export.
The company is owned by four shareholders, namely, the Federal Government of Nigeria, represented by Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (49%); Shell (25.6%); Total LNG Nigeria Ltd (15%) and Eni (10.4%). It has wholly–owned subsidiaries: Bonny Gas Transport (BGT) Limited and NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML).
It has wholly–owned subsidiaries: Bonny Gas Transport (BGT) Limited and NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML).
Nigeria LNG Limited, a world-class company helping to build a better Nigeria, seeks to engage suitable candidates for immediate employment.
The appointee will be required to ensure implementation of security strategies which will result in minimal risks to NLNG assets in shipping operations and the port facility
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in the formulation, update and implementation of the Port Facility Security Plan (PFSP) with the appropriate Ship Security Officers.
- Support the PFSO in maintaining continuous ship shore interface and coordinate night sail operations; ensuring the availability of security personnel in line with current security level.
- Participate in the development of and Implement access control strategy for the port facility i.e
- Loading/passenger jetties, vessels in line with the Port Facility security Plan and ensure the close supervision of the security personnel operation the access control systems.
- Act as security advisor to BGT and NSML operations and maintain liaison with NLNG to ensure proper alignment and implementation of security strategies.
- Responsible for conducting and updating security risk assessments of all NSML and BGT assets as part of security management system and supervise the operations of the Marine Police and Navy personnel in ensuring that the channel and the jetties’ exclusion zones are maintained for the arrival and departure of vessels at the terminal.
- Carry out HSSE Critical Activities as defined in the relevant bowties to ensure the effectiveness of control barriers.
- Organize security awareness programs for the Port facility security personnel and support the PFSO in the implementation of the PFSP with appropriate Company Security Officers.
- Maintain liaison with the Contracting Government Agency – NIMASA, in ensuring that exchange of information as required under the ISPS Code is implemented and maintain liaison with the local government security agencies (NPF, SSS, NDLEA, Customs, Port Health and Immigration), as well as, security depts. of sister companies in monitoring the general security situation especially as it affects the waterway.
The right candidate should:
- Possess a university degree at a minimum of second class upper division
- 7 years post-graduation experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in required function in a reputable organization preferably an Oil & Gas company.
- Valid PFSO certification issued by the Contracting Government Agency – NIMASA
- Not be more than 40 years old as at 31st December, 2015.
Method of Application
To apply, go to www.nigerialng.com to find further details on the Job Requirements.
Click on CAREERS then JOB APPLICATION PORTAL to APPLY or send an application to Recruitment.Online@nlng.com