Jobs at ActionAid Nigeria (AAN)
Posted on: 28 October, 2015
Deadline: 5 November, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ActionAid Nigeria
ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) is a not for profit, non-governmental entity registered with the Nigeria Corporate Affairs Commission. It commenced operations in Nigeria in 1999, while the programmatic operations commenced in January 2000 through a Country Agreement signed with the National Planning Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises works with the poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa.Asia, Europe and the Americas.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- The Project Coordinators will be embedded within each State Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development (SMWASD) in Kogi and Edo.
- S/he will report directly to the OVC Project Manager.
- Coordinate the organisational development of the SMWASD through targeting technical assistance in carrying out organisation capacity assessment of the SMWASD
- Develop capacity development package to address gaps identified in the SMWASD
- Provide mentoring, coaching and hands on support in establishing effective systems for planning, monitoring and coordination of the OVC response
- Work with the SMWASD to institute an effective monitoring and evaluation system that will feed into the national level system
- Serve as the state representative of the SMILE project
- Provide technical support to the SMWASD in developing LGA capacity to coordinate community level OVC interventions
- Work with the SMWASD to effectively manage all SMILE service providers in the state
- Ensure effective data collection of all activities implemented at the state level
- Provide timely reports to AAN on all activities of the project.
- S/he will be responsible for delivering ActionAid component of SMILE project at state level
Reporting and Accountability:
- Submit to Project Manager timely informative reports, showing progress towards outputs and objectives of the SMILE project
- Develop concept note for each programme activity for approval by the line manager.
- Submit situational and any other non-routine reports when necessary or when asked to
- Facilitate the sharing of information among stakeholders.
- Submit success stories or case studies on lessons learnt for sharing.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for collaboration and other forms of engagement by AAN outside the ambit of SMILE.
- Participate in and contribute to the development of AAN annual plans and budgets
- Submit timely financial reports on funds released for activities in the state ensuring compliance with AAN financial reporting requirements.
- Support partners to develop realistic budgets, linking budgets to planned and agreed activities.
- Actively source for and participate in fund raising activity for AAN including developing concept notes and proposals.
- Represent AAN in the state - including attending meetings on behalf of AAN
- Make presentations at professional meetings and conferences on matters related to the monitoring and evaluation of the community system strengthening components of the HSS intervention.
- Carry out any other responsibilities assigned by the Project Manager.
- Right to Health team, AAN team.
- Partners, Donors, CSOs and relevant government agencies.
- Degree in Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Arts or Humanities is essential.
- Masters degree in a related field is desirable.
- At least seven (7) years post NYSC experience is essential
- Four (4) years’ experience in a similar position in the development sector preferably in community based health work is essential
- Experience of working with the Nigerian public sector in delivering OVC and HIV/AIDS interventions at state levels
- Experience in organisational capacity development especially public sector institutions.
- Strong communication and writing skills is essential
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines is essential
- Ability to maintain donor relationship and accountability in line with funding policies and standards is essential
- Strong oral and written communication skills is essential
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills is essential
- A person of integrity, creative and takes initiative, able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- A self motivated person able to work without close supervision
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications in MSWord attachment to: email@example.com
Click here to complete the Application Form (MS Word)
- Only Electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
- Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant, Job Title of position and Location applied for e.g. Ibrahim, Joy: Project Coordinator - Edo
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview date will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ActionAid NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Opportunity at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Mobilization Officers at Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria
- Job Vacancies at Secours Islamique France (SIF)
- Chief Service Provider at Common Heritage Foundation
- Geographic Information System Manager at Solidarites International
- Job Opportunities at Save the Children
- Fresh Job Vacancies at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Job Vacancy at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)