Jobs at Save the Children Nigeria
Posted on: 29 May, 2012
Deadline: 12 June, 2012
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Save The Children
Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919 separate national organizations have been setup in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict. Today, twenty-eight national Save the Children organizations participate in the International Save the Children Alliance _ a global network of nonprofit organizations working in over 120 countries around the world. In addition to promoting greater public awareness of the needs and rights of children worldwide, Alliance members coordinate emergency relief efforts, helping to protect children from the effects of disasters, both natural and manmade. We also work with the existing Food and Nutrition Partnership Forum to influence government and donors to bring the issue of malnutrition and poverty into the national agenda.
State Technical Advisor
To strengthen the capacity of the State Nutrition Officer (SNO) and deputy(s), if applicable, In management, delivery, and advocacy of cost-effective malnutrition prevention and treatment interventions (interventions include - Infant & Young Child Feeding. Community Management of Acute Malnutrition, Maternal & Child Health Weeks).
• University degree (B.Sc. or equivalent) In health, nutrition or related subject. A Postgraduate qualification in health related subject will be an advantage.
• Strong programme management background with at least 5 years professional experience in managing health and/or nutrition programmes.
• Significant experience in planning, managing and monitoring budgets as well as effective resource planning. including commodities and technical expertise.
• Significant experience in planning, managing and delivering a programme, Including costing, managing and monitoring budgets.
• Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
• Commitment to SC UK mission. values I and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety).
M & E Advisor
Ensure implementation of the M&E plan for Improving Nutrition Programme. Including monitoring progress against activity and critical milestones as well as providing support and guidance to STAs, LTAs and Government counterparts.
A University degree in relevant field, professional qualification at postgraduate level or equivalent in health economics or epidemiology is desired as well as advanced training in quantitative methodologies; including database management.
Send your C. V. and covering letter before on or before 12" June 2012 explaining why you are Suitable to firstname.lastname@example.org state the position and location in the subject field.
Our selection processes reflects our commitment to the protection of children From abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Save The ChildrenSimilar Jobs
- Fresh Vacancy at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Graduate Copy Editors at Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION)
- Health Officer at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
- Latest Vacancy at Save the Children
- Medical Team Leader at Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Administrative Officer at Save the Children
- Latest Jobs at Creative Associates International
- Job Opportunity at Africa Power and Development Advisors (APDA) - PricewaterhouseCoopers