Sparkplugs strives to go the extra mile to thoroughly understand our candidates and clients, as well as staying abreast with industry trends. We insist on spending time with each candidate to understand your goals and needs; and within your organisation to get a feel for how you operate, your environment, and culture. Our team prides itself on being meticulous, efficient and informed, maintaining utmost confidence and integrity at all times.
Sparkplugs strives to go the extra mile to thoroughly understand our candidates and clients, as well as staying abreast with industry trends. We insist on spending time with each candidate to understand your goals and needs; and within your organisation to get a feel for how you operate, your environment, and culture. Our team prides itself on being meticulous, efficient and informed, maintaining utmost confidence and integrity at all times. - See more at: http://sparkplugs.co.za/#sthash.xzgWaVKK.dpuf
An exciting role has opened for Commercial Head with a global broadcaster in Lagos, Nigeria – your experience within the Media industry in Nigeria is non negotiable.
You will ultimately be responsible and accountable for the delivery on revenue targets for the Nigeria business through setting commercial strategies and ensuring execution thereof across emerging and existing platforms, through guiding marketing, advertising and sponsorship, affiliate sales, commercial digital media, communication and research. The ultimate focus of the role is to strengthen the business’ commercial position in Nigeria and ensure the growth of the company’s market share and brand awareness.
- Tertiary Qualification, with formal management training
- Demonstrable experience in Television and/or broadcasting at a senior level
- Proven track record in commercial sales
- Evidence of strong senior level relationships with primary agencies within the field
- Ability to drive revenue and profits (essential)
- Ability to sustain a healthy sales pipeline (essential)
- Proven ability to generate complex sales projects with sophisticated customers
- Ability to position the companies unique proposition against industry objections
- Proven ability to make a significant strategic contribution
- Clear marketing approach & understanding of marketing disciplines
- Gravitas & credibility both within & outside the organization
- Existing profile within the industry
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions
- Excellent presentation skills
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to adapt communication styles within a multicultural environment
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to cope under pressure in a fast paced environment (essential)
- Hands-on approach to the role
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Proven track record of managing a high performance / driven team
- Ability to recognize & deploy skills in others, must be an experienced delegator
- A diplomatic and highly professional approach
A detailed job brief will be shared with all shortlisted candidates.
Method of Application
To apply, send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.