If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
CA Global Headhunters is an international recruitment and staffing company with an in-depth focus on Recruitment in Africa. We recruit talent of the highest standard across African Sectors in Mining, Oil & Gas, Engineering, Banking, Finance, Legal, Insurance, Commodities and Agriculture. As the African markets further grow and develop, our skills and expertise simultaneously grow too, ensuring that we deliver the best service for both clients and candidates. Our extensive candidate network built up over 8 years comprises the most diverse, skilled and experienced candidates.
- Guides and directs management in the development, production, promotion, and financial aspects of the organization's products and services.
- Directs the preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based on broad organizational goals and growth objectives.
- Oversees executives who direct department activities that implement the organization's policies.
- Implements programs that meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Creates the structure and processes necessary to manage the organization's current activities and its projected growth.
- Maintains a sound plan of corporate organization, establishing policies to ensure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession.
- Develops and installs procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow within the organization.
- Supervises design of hardware and software systems to assist in the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Establishes operating policies consistent with the chief executive officer's broad policies and objectives and ensures their execution.
- Evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and reports these results to the chief executive officer.
- Ensures that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Ensures that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with regulations and laws governing business operations.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Economics or related field, or equivalent work experience is required.
- 5-year experience minimum in comparable positions in terms of responsibility in banking or microfinance in an operations line-management role. Prior experience as a member of a senior management team is desirable.
- Experience in credit origination and credit risk assessment, business experience in (a) micro lending, (b) small enterprise lending, (c) rural & agriculture lending. Experience in deposit mobilization and delivery channel development a plus.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic/operational plans for financial institutions.
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of customer service and strong willingness to work in the field.
- Strong business management and negotiation skills.
- Experience managing and motivating a large staff.
- Fluency in regional/local language, and English
go to method of application »
The Chief Commercial Officer is primarily concerned with ensuring the integrated commercial success of the organization. The role will require a combination of strong technical solution selling skills with strong marketing and business development skills. The CCO will take ownership of the customer and the customer interface with the company’s product and service offering, making sure that all functions of the organization are aligned to meet its strategic commercial objectives. The CCO will lead the retail and marketplace teams in drafting, implementing and evaluating cross-functional decisions that will enable the company to achieve its long-term objectives.
Our Client is a Nigerian electronic commerce company. They offer a third-party online marketplace, as well as first-party direct retail spanning various categories including consumer electronics, fashion, home appliances, books, children's items, and personal care products.
- Deliver strategic leadership for defining the commercial path to growth and profitability of the company and the establishment of an effective growth process and infrastructure.
- Develop collaborative working relationships within the organization in pursuit of the of the company’s overall business goals.
- Lead development of the company’s marketing strategy with an emphasis on achieving market penetration and sales growth with a particular emphasis on cost-effective customer acquisition and market demand generation.
- Develop and implement the company’s sales strategy across key market segments to ensure that the company identifies and optimizes a clear path to aggressive growth.
- Assess, build and manage an array of necessary channels capable of delivering on the company’s growth objectives.
- Lead sales channels to meet and exceed revenue targets.
- Develop a strategy and provide leadership for enterprise -wide business development opportunities.
- Originate and manage business development opportunities that are consistent with the company’s strategy for revenue growth
- Handle special assignments, do in-depth analysis, follow up on various files and work closely in concert with all members of the Senior Management Team.
- Responsible for the implementation and achievement of his/her Business Area’s mission, goals and financial objectives.
- Develop long-term plans and budgets for the department and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Ensure systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the department.
- Develop strategic direction and plans for the company with regard to all commercial functions including sales, retail, marketplace, marketing and customer experience.
- Manage sales operations organization, customer acquisition, and merchant acquisition to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded.
- Develop annual marketing plans per region and per market verticals.
- Manage sales pipeline to ensure accurate and adequate lead inflow to reach targeted sales objectives.
- Develop and maintain initiatives in order to achieve up to date competitive analysis portfolio.
- Develop annual and long term budgets for revenues as well as expenses.
- Develop and monitor quality metrics to ensure outstanding service and customer support.
- Establish and monitor progress against key performance indicators.
- Identify and develop new market opportunities for the company’s product portfolio.
- Develop and drive the pricing strategy of the organization.
- Elaborate a rolling three (3) year product roadmap in conjunction with the New Product Introduction committee and lead its implementation.
- Experienced at representing the commercial function at the Senior Leadership Committee, as well as being an active contributor.
- At least 15 years of experience in an overall commercial/business function having held executive roles in recognized innovative organizations.
- Experience in a fast growth environment and a decentralized environment.
- Experience of Nigerian Market and E-Commerce
- Experience at working in a “performance based” environment in order to foster it within the team.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Problem solving – Brings a problem solving mind-set to any challenging situation.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to deliver against set objectives while operating on some occasions in stressful situations.
- Agility – Ability to deal with shifting priorities and issues inherent to a fast growing publicly traded organization.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of business plans and strategies.
- Experience in dealing with issues on an international basis: understanding of the North American and European landscape (knowledge of the Asian market would be a plus).
- Communication - Demonstrated skills in both written and oral presentations
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to supervise and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal negotiation skills.
- Capacity to conceptualize as well as operationalize commercial strategies.
- Possess the required skills and standing to serve on the Leadership Committee.
- Ability to efficiently interact with board members.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Outstanding sales and marketing skills.
- Senior executive experience and presence.
- Superior organizational awareness.
- Experienced at managing diverse and geographically remote teams
- Hold a pertinent undergraduate university degree
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive salaries offered;
- Benefits included: housing, utilities, car and a driver
Method of Application
To apply, visit CA Global's career page on CATS