Jhpiego, an Affiliate, of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. In collaboration with The Federal Ministry of Health, Nigeria and support from MCSP, seeks a qualification candidate to conduct a bottleneck analysis of health systems in Nigeria, MCSP will lead the recruitment process of the consultant. MCSP is a global USAID program to introduce and support high-impact health interventions in 24 priority countries with the ultimate goal of ending preventable maternal and child deaths (EPMCD). MCSP works to scale up evidence-based, high-impact maternal, newborn, child health (MNCH), and family planning intervention that address both the direct and the indirect causes of preventable death in women infants and young children.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
The Consultant will work with the maternal and newborn health (MNH) technical Working Group (TWG) to conduct a health system bottleneck analysis in relation to the following four key interventions:
- Skilled care at birth with focus on the use of a uterotonic drug,
- Basi emergency obstetric and newborn care (BEmONC) with focus on management of PE/E.
- Comprehensive Emergency Obstetric and Newborn Care(CEmONC) with focus on caesarean section.
- Neonatal essential care and basic resuscitation with focus on the use of ambu bag and Mask.
- This analysts also will examine the compliance of the countries clinical guidelines- in relation to these critical interventions - with the recent published WHO clinical guidelines
- Based on the assessment result, potential and successful strategies and solutions will be identified by priority bottlenecks under each health system building block.
- The BNA consultant will be responsible for assisting the MOH focal person with the establishment of sub-working groups, coordinating of the subgroups meetings and distribution and collecting the questionnaire of the BNA tools.
- The consultant will be responsible for collecting the documents and data sources that include the national RMNCH strategies/plans/policies, national guidelines and standards related to the critical interventions, periodic reports, reviews. RMNCH needs assessments, and existing country survey data to support the technical subgroups in order to answering the questions.
- Participate in and support the working groups meeting in completing the tools and summarizing the key bottlenecks for each health system building block per intervention.
- Assist sub-groups in preparing presentation for a plenary discussion, facilitate the plenary meeting of the sub-groups, and provide the feedback on the bottlenecks and solutions.
- Participate in writing a synthesized report summarizing key bottlenecks, strategies, and local solutions to overcome the identified bottlenecks. This could be done in close collaboration with the MOH focal point and with support from
- The BNA consultant will report to the MOH focal point and to MCSP/SESRIC on a weekly basis to keep them updated on the subgroups meeting and progress of the BNS process.
- A Medical Degree with MPH, Dr.PH or FWACP (Public Health) or MSc, Sociology
- Post-graduate level training in Public Health.
- A minimum of five (5) years of good Research experience.
- Experience in providing technical assistance to USG-financed programs
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills.
- Results-oriented and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision and ability to work under pressure
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application letter and a CV as one single word document to firstname.lastname@example.org The title/subject of your email and application should be the position of what you have applied for.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pro-employment background investigation.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale