If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world's leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Our award-winning research for development (R4D) addresses the development needs of tropical countries. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following:
- Processing advances and claims for payment and maintain the cash advance register for follow up on the reimbursements of the advances.
- Ensure costs are correctly entered into template for advance retirements
- Verify and review calculations on receipts and claims form
- Assign accounting codes to each transactions before carrying out posting of transactions
- Checking accounting records for accuracy and correctness as necessary
- Enforcing proper intemal control in the station's finance unit.
- Accounting of IITA Kano Station expenditure and receivables.
- Preparation of invoices and chargeback statements for services provided to individuals or other institutions and partners.
- Preparation of Station Imprest
- Preparation of the reconciliation statement of all Station bank accounts.
- Preparation of the Station Cash Certificate.
- Assist the Assets & inventory Clerk in handling assets inventory and disposal.
- Respond to account inquiries and provide promptfeedback to users.
- Filing and keeping IITA Kano accounting supporting documents and records (electronic and hard copies).
Qualification and Experience
- BSc or HND in Accounting or related field from a reputable college/polytechnic, ICAN PE II would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a related role of a large organization is required.
- Excellent computer skills with good grasp of spreadsheets, word processing and other MS office applications with good knowledge of Oracle Applications.
- Be able to read and interpret MOUs from donors.
- Excellent English reporting, writing and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to co-ordinate, prioritize and organize workload; take initiative and work under pressure.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication: The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant's current or previous organization or applicant's direct supervisor/superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package:
IITA Is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.