If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below in the institution:
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the Polytechnic and shall be responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the Polytechnic.
The Registrar shall serve as:
- Secretary to the Governing Council
- Secretary to the Academic Board
- Secretary to all Statutory Committees
- Responsible for keeping all records in the Polytechnic
- Liaise with other institutions on academic matters
- Issuing Certificates of Service to Officers
- Issuing Certificates and Statements of Results to graduating students.
- Performs any other functions that as may be assigned by the Rector.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates for the position of the Registrar must have a good honour Degree (not less than second class lower division).
- He/She must have at least 15 years experience, five (5) of which must have been a Deputy Registrar in the Polytechnic or similar Academic Institution.
- The possession of a Master's Degree or relevant Administrative Professional Certificates will be of added advantage and evidence of Membership of appropriate administrative professional body will also be additional advantage and must be Computer literate.
- In addition, he/she must be a person of proven integrity, intellectually and professionally sound and good human relations.
Terms of Appointment
The appointment of a Registrar for the Polytechnic is for a term of four (4) years in the first instance and renewable, subject to satisfactory performance for another term of four (4) years, only.
Salary: CONTISS 15.
Method of Application
Application should be submitted in fifteen (15) copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) which must include the following information:
- Full name - Surname first
- Marital Status
- Number of children, including the age of each
- Date and place of birth, local government area, state of origin and nationality
- Current postal address
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Educational qualifications obtained with dates
- Academic and professional associations/bodies
- Work experience, status and salary level
- Publications in standard form
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees one of whom must be the present employer.
The application should be forwarded to:
Niger State Polytechnic,
Note: In addition, candidates are required to ask their referees to send Confidential Report on them to the same address as above before the closing date.