The Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below in the institution:
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the Polytechnic and shall be responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the Polytechnic.
The Registrar shall serve as:
- Secretary to the Governing Council
- Secretary to the Academic Board
- Secretary to all Statutory Committees
- Responsible for keeping all records in the Polytechnic
- Liaise with other institutions on academic matters
- Issuing Certificates of Service to Officers
- Issuing Certificates and Statements of Results to graduating students.
- Performs any other functions that as may be assigned by the Rector.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates for the position of the Registrar must have a good honour Degree (not less than second class lower division).
- He/She must have at least 15 years experience, five (5) of which must have been a Deputy Registrar in the Polytechnic or similar Academic Institution.
- The possession of a Master's Degree or relevant Administrative Professional Certificates will be of added advantage and evidence of Membership of appropriate administrative professional body will also be additional advantage and must be Computer literate.
- In addition, he/she must be a person of proven integrity, intellectually and professionally sound and good human relations.
Terms of Appointment
The appointment of a Registrar for the Polytechnic is for a term of four (4) years in the first instance and renewable, subject to satisfactory performance for another term of four (4) years, only.
Salary: CONTISS 15.
Method of Application
Application should be submitted in fifteen (15) copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) which must include the following information:
- Full name - Surname first
- Marital Status
- Number of children, including the age of each
- Date and place of birth, local government area, state of origin and nationality
- Current postal address
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Educational qualifications obtained with dates
- Academic and professional associations/bodies
- Work experience, status and salary level
- Publications in standard form
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees one of whom must be the present employer.
The application should be forwarded to:
Niger State Polytechnic,
Note: In addition, candidates are required to ask their referees to send Confidential Report on them to the same address as above before the closing date.