Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Program Quality and Accountability (PQA) Deputy Program Manager will play a key role in implementing the PROTECT IDP response in Borno State (MMC & Jere LGA) in North-Eastern Nigeria. From May to December 2015, ACF will implement a multi-sectoral emergency response program to support IDPs in settlement and camps, and most vulnerable host households in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria.
Summary of Key Objectives:
• Lead the establishment of PQA systems and activities for the PROTECT IDP project to ensure compliance with donor objectives and methodology.
• Ensure proper and timely implementation of PQA tools and all monitoring and evaluation reporting
• Document good practice from planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities
• Represent ACF externally in relevant forums and working groups
Qualifications; Essential Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor degree in research, statistics or demography or related field. Higher level degree and/or significant research expertise preferred.
• Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive
• Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills
• Proven ability to translate evaluated results into learning strategies.
• Experience in monitoring and evaluating donor (i.e. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA) funded activities
• Skills on statistical and other software (MS Excel, SPSS, SPHINX, STATA, EPI Info, ENA for SMART, GIS, etc.)
• Fluency in Hausa and English
• Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
• Experience in humanitarian PQA or M & E.
• Experience in designing and leading internal and external evaluation.
• Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams.
• Familiarity with Management Information Systems (Databases) and GIS.
• Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy
• Previous experience with nutrition, WASH, food security and livelihoods programming.
• Previous experience with cash based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers)
• Previous experience with ACF
To strengthen the capacity of the Local Government Area (LGA) nutrition focal person or team (as designated by the LGA) in management, delivery, and advocacy of cost-effective malnutrition prevention and treatment interventions (interventions include – Infant & Young Child Feeding, Community Management of Acute Malnutrition , Maternal & Child Health Weeks).
Summary of Key Objectives:
• Support the assigned local government area (LGA) in Nutrition program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
• Support and coordinate micronutrient supplementation and MNCH Weeks
• Provide coordination and support to health office of LGA
• Strengthen technical and advocacy capacity at LGA level
Bachelor of Science with a major in Nutrition or Bachelor of Nutrition ; graduate degree in a similar field a plus
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Health / Public Health / Nutrition / diploma or equivalent
• Experience of emergency nutrition work and the design and implementation of feeding programmes (ideally IYCF, CTC/CMAM), including IYCF monitoring and evaluation
• Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff
• Proven experience and ability in report writing
• Computer literacy
• Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their carers
• Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
• Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
• Commitment to and understanding of ACF’s aims, values and principles
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Hausa
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Facilitation and interpersonal skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work under pressure of strict deadlines
• Experience in the setup of a IYCF program within CMAM program in an emergency context
• Experience working with partners, including the government
• Previous experience working with mothers support group and strong negotiation skill for behavior change
• Training in adult education/learning and effective training approaches
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: email@example.com Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after Sunday, 1st November, 2015 will not be considered.