The HOERBIGER brand is synonymous with performance-defining components in compressors, industrial engines and turbines, automobile transmissions, and multifaceted mechanical engineering applications. Innovations in attractive technological market niches are the basis for components and services that offer unique selling propositions and long-term benefits for the customer.
HOERBIGER is active throughout the world as a leading player in the fields of compression technology, drive technology and hydraulics. In 2014, its 7,004 employees achieved sales of 1.1 billion euros.
We set standards.
The purpose of the role is essentially Sales and Business Development. To establish HOERBIGER as a market leader in its 4 core business lines i.e. Compression, Wellhead, Turbo, Engines; through implementation of solution sales techniques and excellence behaviours.
The position offers the successful candidate a fantastic chance to build a strong sales experience in a challenging market with solid and powerful products and services backed up by a very strong Engineering and Commercial support from the company.
The candidate will have to develop with relationships at all levels within the industry, especially Oil and Gas, both IOCs and state owned companies. The position requires maintaining and nurturing excellent rapport with the local agent management and staff. Internally he is expected to ensure proper, timely, clear and quality based communication with all stakeholders in the Area and with other HOERBIGER subsidiaries globally. The candidate will demonstrate robust ethical behaviours and awareness of anti-corruption laws, practices.
- Responsible for the delivery of the revenue of products, services and solutions generated from the Oil & Gas (Upstream & Downstream, Onshore and Offshore), Power Generation and other sectors in Nigeria;
- Planning and conducting market research to identify business opportunities to increase the sales in Nigeria;
- Networking and Market monitoring to identify competitors and to build up appropriate contacts, prospective business opportunities and market database;
- Always defend companies' interests by always adhering to HOERBIGER Code of Conduct and Compliance Standards;
- Effective sales strategies to maintain or develop leadership position;
- Project negotiation and execution including coordination, kick-off meetings with customers, installation & commissioning of the product;
- Clear, efficient and timely communication to the client on company scope and customer scope;
- Attend to RFQs and coordinate with Regional Customer Service to ensure that proper technically commercial offers are submitted to clients. Ensure that relevant information and data required for submitting a complete proposal is collected and forwarded to Customer Service.
- Tracking projects and following up of incoming orders in cooperation with other departments (inside Sales, Customer Service, Business Development, Procurement, Finance);
- Generating periodic reports and statistics regarding sales achievements and prospects against budget;
- Be the key contact for HOERBIGER for any projects/customers located in Nigeria and own the internal coordination;
- Support all cash collection actions to keep over dues at the very minimum;
- Representing the company at meetings with customers, representatives and other department’s etc., as required;
- Ensuring efficient functioning of the workshop to meet Quality, HSE standards and delivery deadlines.
Technical or Functional Knowledge:
- Industrial / technical knowledge
- Sales and Project Management Skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent Influencing skills
- Academic knowledge / University degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point)
- Prior experience in ERP systems such as SAP and CRM will be an advantage
Experience and Essential Requirements:
- Experience in Rotating Equipment, Compressors. Experience in Gas Engines and Pumps will be an advantage
- Strong integrity standards
- Organizational skills
- Manages Diversity
- Customer Focus
- Learning/Change Agility
- Self motivated
- High customer and result orientation
- Able to deliver under pressure and with conflicting conditions