The British Council is the world’s leading cultural relations organization and creates opportunities for people in the UK and worldwide to understand each other, to work together and learn from one another. We see this as crucial to building secure, more prosperous and sustainable futures for us all. We build trust and understanding between different countries and cultures and develop strong international links that are of benefit to people in Britain and the rest of the world.
Sub Saharan Africa
Pay Band 6
Role is Junior Management position/Indefinite term/Open to internal and external applicants/Post is in Lagos/Applicants must have the right to work in Nigeria.
British Council Nigeria is recruiting Human Resources Business Partners, two (2) posts
- To support the Head of HR in providing expert HR advice and support to managers in Nigeria on Learning and Development (L&D), Organisational Development, Performance Management, Compensation and Benefits, Terms and Conditions of Service (TACOS), Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI), and staffing
- To support development and monitoring of HR systems, policies and procedures across British Council offices in Nigeria
- To support implementation and monitoring of British Council Compensation and Benefits policies
Applicants should have specialities in either Compensation/Rewards & Benefits Management or Learning & Organisational Development.
Applicants with speciality in Compensation/Rewards must have:
- Working knowledge and experience managing implementing rewards and recognition programmes/initiatives
- Numeracy and ability to analyse quantitative and qualitative data
- Good analytical skills with strong attention to details
- Strong negotiation skill
- Experience in Payroll Management is desirable.
Applicants with speciality Learning & Organisational Development must have
See the role profile for more information on role accountabilities and responsibilities.
- Organisational behavioural/development working knowledge
- Training and development needs analysis, programme development and delivery
- Organisational analysis and change management skills
- Experience of and commitment to continuous organisational improvement
- Good influencing and interpersonal skills with people at all levels
Vacancy announcement date: 23rd October, 2015
Closing date: 23:59UK time 1st November, 2015 Role Profile Human Resources Business Partner Lagos. BC Behaviours. BC Core Skills. British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the society at every level within the organisation. we welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
Method of Application
To apply for these positions, visit British Council's Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.