The job holder will manage and develop key clients and prospective client accounts, influence the strategic direction of the business unit at a country level and be responsible for managing the P&L. They will indeitify, develop and manage cross country teams with their existing capabilities, maximize business opportunities and strengthen our capability to better meet client needs.
The following list highlights the key skills required to be successful in this role:
- Responsibility for the P&L management, Annual Budget, QBR/Best Estimates Preparation and monitoring KPIs
- Provides strategic, action-oriented, vision for the business unit for the purposes of achieving the sales and profitability goals
- Establishes processes in compliance with the Global business unit and Ipsos Group goals and guidelines
- Leads the team in delivering strong partnering support to clients with the aim of growing the company's volume and market share
- Develops the team members expertise and competencies with a special focus on the different office locations across the Country
- Creates a strong community of business unit leaders and teams, with the appropriate knowledge and skills to support the business transformation and client delivery
- Organizes teams and projects in the best way to facilitate synergies, collaboration and knowledge sharing between team members in the different countries/ locations and to optimize resources and existing capabilities
- Develops and maintains close client relationships within the Country
- Collaborates and continuously develops successful relationships within the Country to facilitate successful collaboration between Country Heads and local Country Heads
- Implements business unit Processes and Organization locally in compliance with Global and Ipsos Group’s goals and guidelines to ensure that the appropriate resources are in place for execution, including goal & objective setting, staffing & career development
- Strengthens the Ipsos brand and image while promoting and enforcing ethics and protecting Ipsos’ reputation
- Provide advice, leadership and counsel to the Leadership team and represent the Nigeria interests
- Member of Country Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- Able to lead with a multi-country view, i.e. possesses strong intercultural skills.
- Strong financial planning skills, commercial awareness and a proven track-record of delivering against financial objectives.
- A good conceptual understanding of market research techniques and principles.
- Excellent client skills and business development ability.
- Management and coaching skills and ability to select and manage other business leaders effectively.
- Organizational management understanding and experience.
- Strong negotiating / influencing skills with the ability to present a compelling vision and strategy engendering confidence and belief
- Leads by example through consistently demonstrating organizational values
- Fosters a strong team spirit
- Ability to provide higher-level, strategic consultation to clients
- Experience of providing a “big picture” vision of how research impacts on a business whilst also being hands on to offer guidance and support within team/business
- Cross functional approach and seeks to optimise the use of Ipsos resources
- Strong ability to develop peer relationships
- Change management - helps people manage the change required in the business
- Does not avoid conflict, but uses it as a constructive, respectful and healthy management instrument
- Open and committed to the matrix organisation structure Ipsos operates in
- Thinks ahead, identifies trends and devises strategies to take advantage of opportunities
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 years’ experience in a Market Research Agency with a proven track record of having run a successful P& L. In addition, they will have the ability to understand client environment, commercial issues, industry structures and the broader societal context.