GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
This is an evergreen position. We will reach out when we are ready to hire. The role of the Facility Leader is to ensure that the facility requirements including security, employee transportation both ex-pat and national, ex-pat accommodation, office accommodation, workshops, yard, and facility support supplies/ services are in place to allow the facility to operate on a daily basis to the expected GE standard to meet our customers’ requirements at Onne located at the FOT Free Trade Zone.
- The Facility Leader shall demonstrate clear leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for the facility and business segment. In this role he shall utilize his experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for himself and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals, such as increasing facility efficiencies and mentorship to his junior team
- Responsible to ensure we have all required licenses, certification and accreditations in place so that the facility/employees are compliant to work in Nigeria.
- Maintains care, custody, controllership, and safe operation of the ongoing operations and staff aligned to his position
- Establishes and sustains a culture that promotes a safe and positive work environment
- Ensures that the facility and personnel are fully aligned that environmental, health and safety compliance standards are met and delivered to GE EHS requirements
- Develops and implements procedures and systems for increasing the facility and personnel’s performance to operate in a safe and effective manner
- Responsible to prepare the annual facility budget and manage the facility expenditures accordingly including approved Capex expenditure
- Working with the Operations Leader to develop the facility capabilities so that forecasted annual work look-ahead and quarterly targets can be met.
- Hires, evaluates, and monitors work activities of contractors / subcontractors for maintenance and repair activities for facility equipment
- Identifies and encourages his direct reports to find Bullet Train initiatives aimed at making significant savings and cost reductions
- Responsible to control equipment movement costs within the facility to minimize costs.
- Responsible to lead special projects to improve Nigeria Services capabilities to meet customer requirements.
- Minimum of a B.Sc degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 6 years work experience in a similar role in facilities management
- Understanding of services systems and active site operations for service requirements for Oil & Gas Subsea equipment
- Team management experience in fast-paced environment
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Aiming to maximize potential, increasing efficiency and cost reduction, while still maintaining an on time delivery and quality output through the facility
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Ownership and accountability for all deliverables on site, including direct reports actions
- Excellent verbal and communication skills when interfacing with senior management, and other stakeholders
Job Segments: Facilities, Engineer, Electrical, Environmental Health & Safety, Electrical Engineering, Operations, Engineering, Healthcare
The Marketing Communications Specialist for GE Oil & Gas Sub-Saharan Africa will be responsible for supporting the Senior Marketing Manager in development and execution of a wide variety of marketing communications projects that support the strategic and operating goals of GE’s growing business.
The Marketing Communications Specialist will provide direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions and apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
In addition, you will:
- Collaborate with the Senior Marketing Manager to create an annual international marketing communications plan and budget
- Execute the plan and strategy set in the beginning of the year, driving the development and production of all sales and marketing tools, communications activities and events in the region, on time and within budget
- Work closely with internal organizations and external agencies and vendors to develop ads, collateral, tradeshows and special events
- Provide creative vision, direction and leadership together with the Senior Marketing Manager to develop high-impact, integrated campaigns that contribute to business growth
- Collaborate with the overall GE Oil & Gas corporate team around new trends and resources to deliver on strategy and plan
- Manage key processes supporting marketing and sales functions, such as proposals and marketing information
- Develop and implement marketing support processes
- Investigate and remain current with applicable state-of-the-art technology and incorporate improved methods where practicable
- Ensure that assigned products / programs are managed within the budgetary guidelines and oversee vendor contract and payment processes
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a marketing or sales support role
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate completion dates clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any legal restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Public Relations, English, Marketing
- Aptitude for developing and implementing communications
- Knowledge of print, video and web-production technologies
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining a high quality of work
- Six Sigma trained or equivalent quality training
- Excellent business acumen
- Process and project management skills
- Ability to effectively engage at all levels of the organization, including senior executive interaction
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Creative proven track record in marketing world
Job Segments: Marketing, Communications, Marketing Communications, Social Media, Project Manager, Technology
To apply for these positions, visit GE's Career Page