GardaWorld seeks applications from PSD candidates who have previously operated in the North of Nigeria for role outlined below:
GARDAWORLD JOB SPECIFICATION - PSD TL/PSD OPERATOR (ROTATOR POSITION) – NIGERIA (subject to confirmation)
PSD Operator Or PSD TL (As the project dictates) (Unarmed)
Contractor, GW Consulting Middle East Limited
Early November 2015 (Subject to confirmation)
GardaWorld will offer competitive daily rate per day (Contractor only paid whilst on-duty)
6 weeks on, 6 weeks off, subject to operational requirements
Duration of Task
3 month probation on a one (1) year contract that will roll-over and/or last as long as there is consent of the individual operator being on the contract
Travel pay is one half of the On-Duty rate for day(s) spent travelling from the contractor’s country of residence to the place of work (max of 2 days) and on return to the country of residence (max of 2 days).
GardaWorld will provide the Independent Contractor with appropriate accommodation, insurance, and life support. Further information can be found in the GardaWorld Contractor Travel SOI, copy will provided upon acceptance
GardaWorld will provide economy flight tickets. The Hub Airport designated by the Company for the Consultant will be located in the United Kingdom and will be the most cost effective option available to the Company at the time of booking a flight. Operational effectiveness will also be considered when booking the flight. Such Hub Airport may not be the one geographically closest to Consultant’s residence and, as such, may require Consultant paying for the cost to and from such airport or making up the difference if Consultant resides outside the United Kingdom
- English speaking expatriate; Arabic is an asset
- Minimum of 5 years exemplary military or law enforcement service, plus 3 years PSC experience
- Must have Nigeria experience in the north and north-east of Nigeria
- Must have relevant experience in an arduous or challenging area
- Will have a recognised Close Protection qualification or attended CP Training, for example SIA licence CP
- Physically fit and smartly presented
- Familiar with self-driving B6 armoured vehicles
- Having experience in working with the Nigerian security services (Nigerian Army, Mopol, Police, SSS, NSCDC) for static and mobile security operations (coordinating and implementing security support through state institutions) is regarded an asset
- Having worked with GardaWorld before and being familiar with PSC-1 is regarded an asset
- Must have following skill sets:
- Communication equipment and voice procedure
- Navigation and map reading skills and the use of GPS
- Basic infantry tactics
- Qualified in First Aid e.g. First Person On Scene (FPOS) – Intermediate
- Must have report writing experience
- Must have finance management experience (petty cash and expense reporting)
- Must have experience in writing security plans, evacuation plans and conducting Site Vulnerability Assessments
- Must have team management experience, including journey management planning
- Project management experience is an asset
- Experience in the training of multi-national personnel
- Proven IT skills in all Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to follow instructions
- Must have experience in communicating with the authorities and representatives of security services
- Prepared to travel in country and as required by the Client and GardaWorld
- Familiar with Islamic culture
The purpose of the security personnel provided by Consultant to Company is to provide a presence that may help to reduce the risk of damage to Company’s facilities or injury to Company’s personnel in connection with Company’s security program. Personnel are to maintain a presence, to observe and, if appropriate, attempt to cover and evacuate in the event of an incident.
Duties May Include
- Conduct duties as Team Leader or Operator (Vehicle commander) of Mobile Security Team.
- Protect clients, company employees and assets, working premises also conduct mobile security missions outside of secured areas.
- Command and control of the PSD, to ensure team members are adequately informed, skilled, equipped and supervised to conduct their duties safely, in compliance with GOI rules and regulations, GardaWorld policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Assist the Team Leader to maintain operational oversight and control and delivery of monthly training to the team.
- Assist the Team Leader to maintain control over company assets including vehicles, communications and other sensitive equipment.
- Produce security briefings to team members and clients.
- Comply with company and clients policies and regulations.
- Produce clear written and verbal reports, incl. preparation of background information and forward analysis.
- Remain patient and flexible at all times to the client’s needs without compromising safety.
- Gather and analyse information / intelligence required for the planning, rehearsal and safe execution of a PSD mission.
- Submit on time, the required documentation for the approval of PSD missions according to GardaWorld SOPs and GOI rules and regulations.
- Build and develop client relationship to achieve mutually agreed goals.
- Ensure that GardaWorld Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are followed at all times.
- Liaise, meet with the client in the appropriate manner.
- Report all incidents according to GardaWorld and GOI rules and regulations, policy and SOPs.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise PSD members, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their work.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Accurately compile and submit according to set deadlines, the required PSD reports and returns.
- Plan, coordinate and execute the day to day team administration and training.
- Maintain a high standard of welfare, morale and discipline in the team.
- When on contract the staff member must be fully operational on a 24/7 basis, ready to respond to any kind of emergency / threat.
- Other duties as assigned.
Presentation of falsified credentials or false statements can lead to termination of any engagement (or future engagement) with the company.
Method of Application
To apply, visit job GardaWorld's job post on SuccessFactors
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.