Whyte Cleon Limited is a Human Resource Outsourcing & Management Solutions provider in Nigeria with over 18 years business experience. We are a solution based business consulting firm with focus on the provision of practical and well researched solutions to help our clients bridge the gap between Strategy Development, Talent Acquisition, Strategy Execution and Organisational Performance. These are implemented by providing organisational development and human resources management expertise and knowledge to guide, advice and support our clients in achieving and sustaining workplace success.
The market development manager will be responsible for top class implementation of the company’s Sales Way and AVQPAP in a specific area or territory. Apply understanding of relationship building, and core selling skills to optimally position our client’s brands for success on and off trade outlets and achieve monthly priorities as agreed with the Area Manager.
The Market Development Manager will develop and manage the distribution of our brands and ensure we deliver the basics AVQPAP (Availability, Visibility, Quality, Pricing, Advocacy & Promotions) in their territories, as well as grow sales faster than competition.
- Deliver minimum of 90% of POS benchmarks across “call on outlets segments” for prioritized brands.
- Identifies business opportunities to enlarge the company’s portfolio and define best course of action.
- He/she must Understand, support and amplify company’s brand and customer activity in a specific area.
- Initiates products listing and introductions on trade and off trade.
- Makes suggestions and proposes all necessary adjustments within his scope of responsibilities.
- Participates in the marketing plan preparation and recommends strategic approach by brand.
- Reports to the Area Manager.
- Share learning within the team and collaborate on sales projects
- 80% presence working in trade calling on outlets to deliver above accountabilities and 20% in the office for other reasons.
- 90% of time spent on core spirits brands as will be assigned and 10 -20% on RTDs depending on outlet type within coverage.
- Execution of Promotional and Visibility Activities
- Business and Customer Development
- Monitor & Report Competition
- Advocacy and PR amplification
- Consumer and Customer Insight
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor degree with basic business, marketing & sales experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience preferably in sales.
- FMCG experience essential and Spirits business knowledge is a plus
- Strong knowledge of local market and culture
- Good knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Geographically mobile and experienced driver with a valid drivers’ license.
- Be self-motivated & sense of ownership
- Dealing with people with a positive, patient, assertive and humble approach.
- Proactive and Can do attitude
- Confident and able to communicate well across different cultures and develop relationships.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Transparency & trust
- Reporting – Be able to analyse, measure and report efficiency of his activities.
- Learning on the fly – Should be able to learn and employ new skills quickly.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Whytecleon's Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.