Equal Access (EA) is an international not for profit organization (501c3), headquartered in San Francisco and working throughout Asia, Africa and the Middle East. A communications for social change organization that combines the power of media with community mobilization, Equal Access creates customized communications strategies and outreach solutions that foster peace building and social cohesion, women & girls’ empowerment, youth life skills & livelihoods, human rights, health, as well as civic participation and good governance in the developing world.
EA has launched AREWA24, a satellite TV project which can be viewed on NILESAT 102, frequency 12226 focused on Hausa speakers in northern Nigeria and seeks a Finance and Administration Officer to help support the growth of AREWA24 and its Nigeria program
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages office safe with other designated staffs for proper segregation of duties
- Maintain office cash and make daily payments of approved transactions
- Performs daily safe reconciliation process with designated staffs
- Review expense reports (travel expense reports and operational expense reports) for accuracy and completeness and ensure that expense reports have been fully approved before payment.
- Liaise with statutory bodies such as FIRS, PFAs etc and make statutory remittance to relevant bodies
- Maintains agency’s filing system (finance, procurement contracts, preferred vendors file etc) in line with approved standards
- Supports procurement and administrative procedures within the department
- Support the facility management processes
- Manage office petty cash system
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- BSc./HND in Accounting, Finance and/or any related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in development sector (NGO) is desirable.
- Good understanding of finance and administration procedures
- Good understanding of donor procurement rules
- Good understanding and experience in using automated accounting software (QuickBooks)
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel is a must
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Fluency in Hausa is required
Method of Application
To apply, please send your application including a cover letter, updated CV, and three references to email@example.com no later than November 2, 2015. Please note that we may consider applications and begin the interview process prior to the closing date.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.