The Nigerian Bottling Company Ltd is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
The Corporate Auditor will ultimately deliver high quality financial and operational audit reviews across Nigerian Bottling Company Ltd – both plants and its depots and ensure key objectives of the department are achieved. The Corporate Auditor will report to the Full Scope Audit Manager.He/She might also have to report to any of the Unit Managers within the Internal Audit Department during some audit assignments.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
• Deliver high quality financial and operational audit reviews across NBC
• Participate in ad-hoc projects and investigations
• Communicate audit observations, related risks to clients.
• Conduct audits of the Plants/Functions and provide objective view on the control environment
• Conduct special reviews and investigation when the need arises and documentation of reports
• Provide supporting documents on observation raised.
• Execute annual audit plans in an effective and efficient manner.
• Resolution of complex problems arising during projects
• Development of cost-effective, value-adding recommendations.
• Assess Plants/Functions compliance with Group policies, local policies, local regulations, etc.
• Timely Reporting of audit observations from audit projects
• Deliver high quality audit reports
• Effective communication of audit observations
• Effective management of the departmental budget, optimization of time, project/traveling costs during specific project.
• Knowledge sharing with colleagues
• Display appropriate technical and soft skills set; from which other team members can learn.
• Act as a consultant for the Company on highly significant matters relating to internal controls,financial policies, programs,capabilities and long-range goals and objectives.
• Update of audit work program/work papers on SharePoint.
• Be a consultant to the Plants/Functions on matters of controls, process improvements, capabilities and programs.
• Develop cost effective and value adding recommendations to various business observation raised.
• Act as liaison between the Plant/Function Management and internal audit department
• Increase efficiency and quality of departmental deliverables: quality of audit reports, time allocation, follow up processes, etc.
• Contributes new ideas, and intelligently partake in team discussions and active participation in the audit meeting.
• Ensure that health, safety and environmental impact is a consideration in decision- making in all matters.
• Encourage paper free audits and energy-saving initiatives
• Support the company’s CSR agenda.
Desired candidate profile
Qualifications / Experience:
• Minimum of HND or University Degree
• Full professional qualification in ICAN or ACCA will be an advantage
• Minimum of 3 years working experience
• Process driven environment or background.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Proven ability to make complex decisions based on analysis and judgment
• Coaching and mentoring for technical excellence
• Perfect English language skills
• Understand tactical requirements, full knowledge of functional strategy
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Industry/business knowledge
• Understand financial impact of decisions
• Read and interpret financial and business data
• Time / resource management
• Good report writing skills
• Planning and Process improvement skills
• Good Communication & inter-personal Skills
• Computer literate –Good knowledge of MS Office Suite - working knowledge of SAP will be an advantage.
• Good organization skills and able to prioritize appropriately
• Basic Accounting and Business Administration Knowledge will be appreciated.
Values / Attitudes:
• Drive for results
• High integrity, respect for diversity
• Ability to develop win-win solutions
• Willingness to try new ideas
• Team Player
• Willingness to travel as required
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit NBC Career Page