If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), Nigeria is supporting the Government of Nigeria to strengthen prevention of and response all forms of violence against children. In particular, assistance will be provided to strengthen the child protection system, including through modelling the system in four States, in order to demonstrate the impact of a well-functioning child protection system, to develop a common model for operationalizing the Child Rights Act at State level and to develop standardized tools, including regulations, working protocols and training manuals to govern the system.
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Vacancy Number: VN-NGR-63-2015
Level: National Professional (NO-C)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: Two years
- Immunization (EPI) Specialist is accountable for professional leadership in and contribution to the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and administration of the Immunization programme in conjunction with Child Survival and Development, Maternal and Child Health, Health and Nutrition components within the country programme, to achieve the UNICEF’s immunization plus goals and objectives for the country.
- The incumbent will be working specifically within the Polio Eradication Initiative to ensure UNICEF’s accountabilities are met. Accountable for ensuring the UNICEF Immunization programme promotes gender equality, with an emphasis on gender disaggregation, gender disparity identification and gender mainstreaming
Qualifications and Competencies Required
- Advanced degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Paediatric Health, Child Development, Child Health, Nutrition, Epidemiology, Public Administration, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development or other relevant discipline(s)
- Five years of professional work experience at the national and international levels in planning, programming, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of health/immunization programmes.
- Field work experience, background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Professional work experience in a technical expert position related to child survival & health
- Fluency in English and local working language of the duty station.
- Child neonatal or maternal health care and Immunizations
- Health system planning and management, Health Economics and Financing
- Health Education, Health promotion and Disease prevention, Educational interventions in Health care
- Programmatic goals, visions, positions, policies and strategies for health programmes
- Gender and diversity awareness.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application, accompanied by updated CV's in English and a completed United Nations Personal History Form.
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com While sending in their applications, candidates are advised to clearly indicate the position title on the subject line of their emails.
Click here to download United Nations Personal History Form