Emerson Process Management, an Emerson business, is the global leader in helping businesses automate their production, processing and distribution in the chemical, oil & gas, refining, pulp & paper, power, water & wastewater treatment, metals & mining, food & beverage and pharmaceutical industries.
Emerson combines superior products and technology with industry-specific engineering, consulting, project management and maintenance services. Its brands include PlantWeb, Fisher, Micro Motion, Rosemount, Daniel, DeltaV, Ovation, and AMS Suite.
We are seeking a dynamic and driven Business Development Manager, with strong knowledge of the local market in Nigeria and Ghana to be responsible for the growth (bookings and sales volume) of our Rosemount business in Nigeria & Ghana. You will be responsible for developing existing and new relationships with key stakeholders, some of who are in remote locations, and have a strong desire to grow the existing order book to exceed your targets. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, take immense pride in your work and most importantly, deliver on your commitments in an ethical manner.
Key Activities of the role include:
· Work closely with the Local Business Partners (LBP’s) to maximize potential for Rosemount and Emerson Process Management in the region
· Build positive relationships with customers that will generate future sales and repeat business
· Protect and grow existing installed base. Develop key accounts and target competitive accounts for market share gain
· Assess customer requirements and suggest appropriate solutions
· Establish annual, quarterly and monthly sales plans and prioritize own activities and those of the LBP’s so these targets can be met.
· Complete and submit monthly forecast with the LBP’s
· Refer sales leads, customer feedback and information on competitor activity to appropriate contacts within the organization
· Coach and mentor any less experienced LBP sales representatives to help achieve sales targets
· Manage and develop the complete Rosemount product range utilizing complete Emerson Process portfolio to solve customer measurement needs.
· Develop Rosemount as the undisputed Wireless Leader in the region
· Accountable for achievement of country budget
· Co-ordinate with Product Marketing Managers to ensure common messaging.
· Generate “Quantifiable Business Results” (QBR’s).
· Conduct differentiation / product seminars and/or training to internal and external customers.
· Ensure activities tie into Product Marketing initiatives.
Market Support Services
· Ensure Process Sales and Marketing Strategies are implemented throughout the country, in conjunction with regional leadership.
· Assist new product launches in country, in conjunction with Marketing Team. Activities include: product roll-out to LBPs, customers, demonstrations deployment, training for LBP, ensuring local approvals are met.
· Assist in Marquee and Key Account and Project Pursuits activities. In particular, focus on developing Differentiation Strategies during initial pursuit cycle.
· Assist in regular competitive market research as needed and identify local competitive threats.
· Work with LBP’s to deliver first class pre-sales product and technical support.
· Assist in any new and ad-hoc Marketing programs as needed
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Emerson Career Page