Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. The Education Crisis Response is a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Project working in Adamawa, Bauchi, Gombe and Yobe states of Northern Nigeria.
This project will support the expansion of access to quality non-formal and altemative education opportunities for out- of-school children and youth. ages 6-17. in those states.
Project Duration: 2 years
POSITION: PROJECT SECURITY OFFICER
Position Start Date: Immediately
The Project Security Officer (PSO) is a direct project employee, reporting to the Project Security Manager (PSM) and in his/her absence to the Chief of Party (COP) / Project Director (PO). The PSO's overall mission. in conjunction and in support of the PSM. is to keep all project personnel and assets safe from harm. He/she has delegated responsibility for the day-to-day management and coordination of operational field security activities, ensures compliance with corporate security policies and maintains liaison with the PSM. This employee will be appointed by the COP. with concurrence from the HQ Security Department and HQ Program team.
- Work with the Project Security Manager to manage and coordinate all Creative security and safety programs, plans and policies relevant to the project including detailed security procedures that comply with Creative security policies. This will include emergency response drills and communication procedures for the project in country.
- Provide security and safety mitigation advice to all staff.
- Ensure that project staff complies with project security procedures.
- Monitor, analyze and advise the ongoing threat environment and brief staff accordingly.
- Distribute threat warnings to all staff as appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate risk migration measures are taken by the project to respond to the threats or changes in threats faced by the project. This is to include physical protection measures, safe working routines. movement restrictions and protection of equipment.
- Oversee movement control and coordination for the project, including driver and vehicle deployment and staff whereabouts.
- Oversee office guard force. and report to the PSM on any issues that needs to be reported to sub- contractor and HQ security.
- Report security incidents. violations and recommended corrective actions, as appropriate, to the PSM.
- Ensure all new employee/contractor personnel receive appropriate security orientations and briefings.
- Verify that all security devices such as locks, alarms, access systems and physical force protection measures are operational or reported for repair.
- Ensure visitor access and vehicle control systems are effective and appropriate for the threat environment.
- In conjunction with the PSM maintain the project Crisis Response Plan and ensure that the contact information contained therein is always up-to-date.
- Provide, if directed , a weekly security report to the PSM.
- Be able to assist with out-of-hours emergency response at the project, if needed.
- Ensure that the Creative Sensitive Information (CSI) Plan is understood by all staff, and are being followed by all project staff.
- All of the above is includes ensuring this is practiced in all project regional offices.
The PSO should understand and brief all project staff on:
- The need for all staff to maintain a good level of situational awareness. and to report concerns.
- Be able to plan project movement/field trips. and control procedures.
- Set up and enforce project communications procedures, including emergency phone trees and contact lists.
- Need to implement Office emergency response procedures including fire evacuation. direct threat lockdown, etc.
- Be familiar with emergency locations at all offices, medical facilities, fire, police etc.
The Team Leader (Yobe) will be responsible for overseeing strategic and day-to-day implementation of Yobe activities. The Team Leader will provide supervision and guidance to the technical advisors and support services personnel. He/she will work closely with the Project Director to ensure Yobe implementation is closely aligned with the overall project.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- At least 5 years' experience in project security, with a strong sense of responding to procurement/logistics
- Requests related to supplies, materials for project related activities.
- Must be extremely reliable: trustworthy and a good team worker.
- Good communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Office and Excel
- Flexible in working hours.
Method of Application
Application closing date: 2 weeks from the date of this publication. To Apply: Send a copy of your Resume and Cover letter to: Recruitment-NECR@creativeworldwide.com
- On the subject line- indicate the job position rou are applying for and state.
- Please note only finalists wil be contacted.
- No phone calls please.
- Creative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.