Petrorek is working in partnership with a leading Oil & Gas Operator for a role based in Nigeria, who require a Marine Advisor.
• Degree – BS/MS in Nautical Science/Marine Transportation and / or Class 1 master mariners CoC (STCW ii/2)
• 15-20 years of experience including a minimum of 2 years of service as Master or 15-20 years of experience including a minimum of 5 years as Chief Officer on AHT’s with multi point mooring experience.
• Full unlimited DP certificate with 5000+ desk hours as senior DPO strongly preferred
• Experience on heavy lift / DSV / Towing / Jack up vessels / DP or shore management of offshore vessel operations would be an advantage.
• The successful candidate is expected to have a comprehensive understanding of class and statutory requirements and be able to apply this knowledge in a practicable manner
• To advise projects on company marine practices, approved work procedures/plans and adherence to Specific Marine requirements in particular to the UN Marine manuals and ExxonMobil company practices.
• To advise the project personnel, inclusive of Engineers, Construction Supervisors, Safety Officers, and others who are assigned to projects in matters related to Marine, Heavy lifts, safe working practices, risk assessments and other Marine associated topics.
• Provides advice to the field based MPN Construction Team and the Contractor(s) to ensure that all Marine activities are executed safely, cost effectively and to schedule, delivering safety and quality standards and promote established project objectives.
• To interface with other parties on Marine specification and to advise and provide Input in review of bid packages to ensure the specific requirement for the MPN Field and more specific for Nigeria. To advise on associated Marine related Contractual matters, Charter parties, Maritime Law, IMO Regulations and applicable Law.
• Liaise with the Project SHES on Safety / Security and Marine Issues. Will provide, if/ when required, technical information to the investigation team in case of a marine incident.
Shortlisting for the role will be taking place at the end of this week, so please do not hesitate to apply.
To apply for this role, visit Petrorek's career website