Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a local NGO with its head office in Abuja, FCT. WEWE is currently implementing a USAID funded project – Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN). WEWE LOPIN project has a vision ‘To make Anambra, Imo, Akwa-Ibom and Rivers State the best place to live in Nigeria for over 340,000 vulnerable children and 68,000 vulnerable households.
Main Activity: Raise funds through public private partnerships to support orphans and, Vulnerable Children (VC) in Anambra, Akwa –Ibom, Cross River, Imo and Rivers States.
- Are you a marketing staff in a commercial bank in Nigeria?
- Do you have a proven track record of meeting your target as a marketing staff of a commercial bank?
- Are you are tired of the long work hours and pressure of trying to meet high unrealistic targets in the banking sector?
- Do you want to exit the banking sector and gain entry into the development sector such as a USAID funded project?
- Do you have flair for fundraising and are you interested in working in the development sector, on a USAID funded project, specifically focused on now raising funds for orphans and vulnerable children?
- Do you have a contact list that you can leverage on to raise funds for Vulnerable Children?
- Have you been awarded the best branch/ regional/ state/ national marketing staff award in any commercial bank in Nigeria?
- Do you have a strong computer skills?
If your answer is yes to all the aforementioned questions, WEWE strongly encourages you to apply for the position of Public-Private Partnership Officer position.
- Conduct a mapping of private firms with potential to support Vulnerable Children services.
- Develop and manage a directory for this private firms and companies
- Conduct advocacy visits to these private firms to invite to join PPP.
- Conduct awareness creating events with the private sector on the need for more corporate social responsibilities for VC in Anambra, Akwa –Ibom, Cross River and Imo, Rivers States.
- Organize Private Public Alliance meetings.
- Develop MOU with each alliance member.
- Promote flow of information and resources between and among WEWE, private and public companies and the communities.
- Promote information sharing with the relevant donors and community by initiating or participating in consultative meeting with the donors and preparing briefs on Public-private partnership development and activities.
- Ensure wide dissemination and visibility of Public-Private Partnership contribution to the project activities.
- Evaluate available partnership commitments and maintain an up –to-date record of available in- kind resources for the various phases of project.
- Prepare status reports and communication packages for partnership members.
- Communicate project’s purpose, value and importance to the partnership and potential members in forums as needed.
“WEWE is an equal opportunity employer, which does not discriminate based on tribe, state of origin within Nigeria, religion, age, sex, race or on different physical ability. WEWE does not require that this information is included in your application and it will not be used as selection criteria”.
Kindly Note: This vacancy is for Bankers with verifiable proven track records only. The Salary for this position is fixed at N100, 000 (Hundred Thousand Naira) per month with fringe benefit of pension calculated at 20% base. However, there is room for negotiation on amounts raised subject to skill level and experience of the selected candidate. This position is based in Abuja, however, applicants must be willing to travel to Anambra, Akwa – Ibom, Cross Rivers, Imo and Rivers States. Please note, WEWE will not cover the cost for shortlisted applicants to attend interview or relocate to Abuja if finally offered the position.
Method of Application
Interested Applicants should send their comprehensive resume stating clearly their banking experience and figures raised in PDF format ONLY; to email@example.com on/ before November 1, 2015. Please indicate the title of the post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.