Maintaining and enhancing the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Developing and maintaining the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintaining organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Preparing employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintaining a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintaining employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintaining management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintaining historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completing human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintaining human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintaining human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
Hiring, Human Resources Management, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Communication Processes, Compensation and Wage Structure, Supports Diversity, Classifying Employees, Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment, Organization