Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected.
At Cisco customers come first and an integral part of our DNA is creating long-lasting customer partnerships and working with them to identify their needs and provide solutions that support their success.
Engineer Network Consulting
The Business Entity
Cisco's Mobility Business Group (MBG) is comprised of four business entities: Mobile Internet Technology Group (MITG), Self-Organizing Networks (SON), Policy and Small Cell Technology Group (SCTG). MBG's vision is to enable the Mobile Network to be the de-facto platform for connectivity, applications and value creation.
Cisco’s Advanced Services’ organization provides business outcomes that increase the value of IT relevance to our customers and partners, and establishes Cisco as the number one IT company. We do so through earning customer, partner, and employee loyalty by instituting an agile model that profitably builds, sells, and delivers services across all consumption models.
Role & Responsibilities
Cisco seeks a Network Consulting Engineer to help customers maximize network availability and functionality to achieve their business goals. The NCE delivers the technologies, solutions and services customers need to expertly manage their networks. In this role, you will be "Cisco's face to the customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commtments. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues. With a seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent Customer Relationship Management (CRM) skills, you're well positioned to become a trusted advisor capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers.
• Ability to Design, Deploy and test an End to End DC infrastructure and compute Architecture.
• At least 5+ years of Network Architecture related working experience in the IT industry.
• Cisco Certifications is a plus.
• Must have good knowledge of Cisco product lines and technology.
· Broad technical knowledge of the data center and its components: Applications, Storage, Network, Server and projects surrounding their planning, design, implementation, operation, and optimization.
· In depth knowledge and experience with virtualization tools and concepts, SAN, Server technologies, data center and cloud Operations.
· Networking: OSI Layer 2 (Spanning tree, vPC, EtherChannel, VLAN, etc), Layer 3 switching /routing (OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, IPv4/6), DNS/DHCP WAN/ISP, network virtualization (N1kv, VRF), basics of higher layer protocols: SSL/TLS, HTTP, real-time traffic (voice/video), NFS, database access protocols
· Compute technologies: x86, hypervisor (Openstack/KVM), OS (Linux/Windows), workload mobility
· Storage technologies: file (NAS), block (SAN), object storage, transport (FCoE, iSCSI, etc), replication, backup, and performance.
· Cisco’s Data Center Product Line: Nexus Products (N7K, N5k, N2k, N1kV), Catalyst products (65xx, 49xx switches), and UCS B/C series.
· Working knowledge of Network/Infrastructure Security technologies (Firewall, access control, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, administrative access control·
• Client-facing skills to include cross-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering.
• High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning and creative problem solving skills.
• Ability to shift from high-level thinking to realistic and pragmatic execution is essential.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills: ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers.
• Willingness and ability to work with teams, ability to build relationships using an open and respectful communication and collaboration style.
• Technology leadership skills to include coaching/mentoring, critical thinking/judgment, facilitation, leading change, and team development.
• Communication skills to include conflict management, negotiation, presentation/demonstration, and written communication.
• Cisco best-practice skills to include building relationships, cultural sensitivity, goal alignment, learning agility, and virtual/remote training.
• Fluency in English & Arabic.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Cisco Career Page