Marie Stopes International (MSI) is the leading international family planning/Reproductive Health Organizations in the world. We are results oriented social enterprise that develops efficient, effective and sustainable family planning/reproductive health programmes around the world.
Marie Stopes International organization, Nigeria (MSION), a partner of the MSI, is currently undertaking a dramatic scale-up of health service delivery for low income women and couples in Nigeria under the AHME project. This includes expanding health services offered within the BlueStar network, clinics and rural Outreach programs. MSION aims to reduce maternal, newborn and child health morbidity and mortality through provision of high quality BEMONC, ANC/PNC and IMCI services. The AHME project supports this objective and intends to strengthen existing health systems within the private health sector.
- Working with and reporting to the MSION Director of quality and clinical services and the programme manager, the MNCH advisor is responsible for leading all strategies for development and delivery of Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) interventions.
- He/she is required to spearhead quality management in AHME supported health areas, he/she will take the lead in training providers, supportive supervision, incidence management quality audits of AHME health areas and reporting.
- He/She will provide technical direction and implementation of MNCH interventions of the AHME project in accordance with the national MNCH guidelines
Number of positions:One
Place of Work:MSION Lagos Office –with frequent travel to the regions
Salary Grade: Deputy Manager
I.Quality Management BEMONC (50%)
- Ensure quality management in AHME supported health areas, he/she will take the lead in training providers, supportive supervision, incidence management quality audits of AHME health areas and reporting.
- Contribute towards MSION’s strategy and future programme direction, with particular focus on driving MSION towards programme sustainability and increasing access to services to prevent Maternal, newborn and child morbidity and mortality.
- Lead development of technically sound models to MNCH services.
- Ensure effective integration of all AHME’s expanded services within the private network providers within the region
- Provide and sustain linkage with SafeCare to enhance quality services in the BlueStar Franchise
- Collate monthly progress reports on quality assurance within the BlueStar Network
- Lead incidence management by establishing clear reporting lines.
- To ensure high level quality services are provided
- A high standard of capacity building among health professionals to deliver the intended programmes.
- Lead the efforts to assess and build the capacity of the providers within the BlueStar Network to deliver and sustain the provision of quality, MNCH services.
- Provide technical guidance and develop annual training curricula and materials for capacity building interventions for BlueStar network providers.
- Provide theoretical and practical trainings that focus on MNCH and other health areas under the AHME project
- Train providers within the network to be sure they are conversant and competent with BEmONC family planning and RH services .
- Develop MSION capacity to provide trainings in the areas of MNCH.
- Supervise and assess the quality of trainings provided by MSION and make recommendation for improvement.
- Work in close collaboration with other Senior Technical Advisors and quality advisors to ensure Quality MNCH services.
- Provide technical advice and support to the MSION Centers and franchise, on quality control, health services related training, MNCH and other programme implementations.
- Collaborate with all the stakeholders at the national and decentralized level- the FMOH, RHBs, development partners, local traditional authorities, local schools and community groups.
- Create strong relationships with key partners for MNCH.
- Support Director of Programmes to devise a plan for secondment of clinic staff to MSION franchises to facilitate sharing of experiences and best practices and learnings.
- Contribute to MSION proposal development
- Disseminate documents relevant to MNCH services through MSION’s internal communication channels.
- The programme advisor must be willing to travel to other states to support the AHME project (at least 50% travels)
- To support MSION centers in handling MNCH related issues that require attention
- Provide technical advice and/ support as and when needed by the medical team and other staffs.
- Provide leadership in the development or adaptation of service delivery models / systems which allow for expansion of service provision while promoting technical quality of care.
V.Sharing and learning
- Document and disseminate MSION best medical and programme practices to promote quality and learning.
- Ensure appropriate oversight, performance monitoring, and evaluation of AHME program results.
- Ensure documentation of experiences that highlight successes of BEmONC integration.
- Prepare technical papers, materials and presentations and represent MSION at international and domestic professional meetings and contribute for relevant professional publication.
- Contribute to post content on MSION website and corporate publications
VII. Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- MBBS from a recognized university /college with Masters in public health or equivalent.
- At least 6 years hands on experience in delivering quality MNCH services specifically in designing or overseeing MNCH services.
- Experience of advising multi faceted reproductive health services
- Experience in providing and /or management of MNCH trainings.
- Proven clinical training skills on MNCH
Skills, attitudes and attributes:
- Understanding of the issues surrounding provision of MNCH services
- Good knowledge of MNCH related trainings, quality control and referral systems
- Good interpersonal/communication skills - both oral and written
- Advanced analytical and organizational skills
- Inspirational and persuasive
- Collaborative approach to team working
- Strong personal commitment to the goals of MSION and to put it into practice
- Knowledge of common software (MS Office)
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV indicating three professional three professional references, copies of supporting documents and suitability statement as a single attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Thursday 29th October 2015. MSION is an equal opportunities employer.
The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE / LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager and saved in the applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.