Global Profilers is a Recruitment & HR Services firm specialized in recruitment in Africa; we are currently looking for a Software Developer Team Lead for our client who is an Information Technology Services Company.
We are seeking a software developer to provide a level of system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for mainframe-, client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based software or middleware. Integrate third party products.
- Translate technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients.
- Develop code that reuses subroutines or objects, is well structured, includes sufficient comments, and is easy to maintain.
- Write programs, ad hoc queries, and reports.
- Elevate code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submit change control requests and documents.
- Learn and follow software development methodology. Learn and follow architecture standards.
- Participate in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Participates in other meetings, such as those for use case creation.
- Participate in systems analysis activities, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.g., prototyping), and logical and physical design.
- Write the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables, including the Version Description Document. Assist technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g., Systems Testers, test plans). On small teams, the Developer may write these items.
- Acts as a System Tester for unit, integration, systems, acceptance, and related testing. Write the test plan to ensure requirements are satisfied.
- Learn client business functions and technology needs. Learn client's tools, technologies, and applications/databases, including those that interface with business area and systems.
- Learn and comply with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones. Learns and complies with all Information Security policies and procedures. Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Experience:
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a developer or systems analyst
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good analysis and problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of the following development practices and concepts:
- Systems/subsystem requirements.
- Libraries, reusable code, and/or object oriented standards
- Screen, report and query design
- Working knowledge of current versions of the following products: Microsoft Office Suite, Visio
- Working knowledge of one or more development tools and programming languages
- Working knowledge of one or more IT platforms
- Working knowledge of one or more testing tools, performance tools, and scripting languages.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit Global Profilers' career page