Founded in 2000, Clickatell is a global leader in providing the ability for its customers to alert, interact and transact with their customers, business partners and communities. Utilizing its global footprint, Clickatell can deliver short message services (SMS) through its Clickatell Mobile eXchange (CMX) to nearly every mobile phone user in the world. In addition, with Clickatell Transaction eXchange (CTX), the company is providing the essential link between the mobile consumer and their financial institution through such services as airtime top up. With its investment in Social Mobile Solutions, Clickatell is uniting customer communication, community creation and transaction services.
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring analysis and solution definitions through the interpretation of business rules and requirements for technical systems. The Business Analyst is required to understand the business issues and data challenges of the customer organization and industry. The incumbent should review and edit specifications, business processes and recommendations related to Clickatell’s Services offering.
Key responsibility areas:
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, tasks and workflow analysis.
- Capture user requirements using story cards, workflow diagrams, proposed interfaces, process modelling & documentation.
- Assist with testing to ensure that the minimum quality standards and requirements have been met.
- Liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Follow the in-house agile software development lifecycle (SCRUM / Sprint approach).
- Analyse costs and benefits of proposed solutions.
- Work with the business owners to produce accurate, meaningful and measurable business cases.
- Manage work items in task management system powered by Mantis Bug Tracker.
- Produce and distribute BI reports and analysis to customers and management.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders based in South Africa.
- Proven ability to solve business problems is essential.
- Team player able to work effectively with users, technical and business managers and colleagues, but must also be self-motivated and able to work in a fast pace and changing, start-up environment.
- Ability to independently analyse data and make sophisticated business recommendations.
- Strong document writing skills.
- Experience in establishing the Business Analysis skill and function within a business.
- Facilitation skills – meetings, client engagement, requirement elicitation.
- Understanding of corporate business functions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are required to interact with and influence Business Management at all levels. Ability to converse and liaise with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Possesses a good understanding of technology trends and movements, especially in the mobile sector
- Proven ability to take responsibility and achieve high quality result.
Experience and Education:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst
- Experience in Financial Services Sector will be advantageous
- MS Office & Visio
- Data analysis skills
- Technical background (especially in telecommunications and mobile) will be greatly advantages
- Business Analysis Related Degree/Diploma (preferably internationally recognised qualification)
- Customer service orientated
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Logical thinker (strong troubleshooting skills)
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit Jolandi Greeff's post on LinkedIn
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.