If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
An International Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the following:
The Program Development Manager for Yobe (PDM-Y) will lead flexible, innovative, and rapid programming activities throughout Yobe State. The primary function of this position will be to identify, articulate and propose new areas of work. The PDM will report to the Country’s Program Director (CPD) and will serve as the principle liaison between the Yobe field team and the Senior Management Team (SMT). H/She will advise the SMT and CPD on the evolution of the political, legal and economic situation in Yobe, and provide strategic guidance on how to continuously adapt the program to ensure that it remains relevant, effective and immediately takes advantage of programming opportunities as they arise.
The PDM-Y will establish goals and targets with staff in the Yobe office towards achieving program and work plan objectives. The PDM-Y will ensure that all processes comply with governing international development regulations, Task Order specifications and the project’s policy and procedures. The position will coordinate closely with Grants, Finance, and Procurement departments in Abuja to ensure adequate operational support to the Yobe field office, and oversee timely and compliant grants management processes. The PDM-Y will coordinate with the Monitoring & Evaluation teams in the Yobe office and in Abuja to ensure that lessons learned are captured and incorporated program-wide. The position will be based in Abuja with extensive travel to Yobe State.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Program Development Manager reports to the Country’s Program Director and will provide technical leadership and oversight to the Yobe State Program Manager and Community Development Facilitators, who will assist in activity development, activity implementation oversight and reporting.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop the overall program development strategy for Yobe State through constant news monitoring, contact USG partners, other donors, and regional staff;
- Train and manage the Yobe State Program Manager, and oversee recruitment, training, and management of Community Development Facilitators (CDFs);
- Manage processes and pipeline of Yobe State activity development and maintain overall responsibility for proposal submission, data entry, development of proposal content and finalization of budgets to ensure continually high standard of objectives, focus, accuracy, efficiency and feasibility of grants to be approved;
- Oversee the programmatic implementation and monitoring of each activity in coordination with providers, through Community Development Facilitators and in coordination with the program’s Grant & Procurement Manager. Also ensure the non-partisan implementation of each activity and the achievement of outputs as stated in the activity agreement using secondary sources of information;
- Input to grant and procurement award processes to ensure that activity deliverables are achieved, including drafting scopes of work for service providers and implementing partners, evaluating and approving technical deliverables and setting deadlines to ensure on-time delivery of project outputs;
- Gather lessons learned from the M&E teams and periodically incorporate these into a revised Yobe State program strategy, and work with PDMs from Borno and Adamawa States to ensure lessons learned are incorporated across the program, resulting in overall improved project design;
- Ensure that activity implementation is in accordance with USAID rules and regulations and Creative policies and procedures;
- Identify, review and manage lessons learned and best practices for program activities through thorough completion of Final Evaluation Reports to conclude project activities;
- Coordinate with Reporting and Communications team to provide inputs to weekly reports and success story products to donor;
- Respond to requests from the client as needed;
- Initiate and manage after-action reviews in coordination with Investigation and Compliance team as needed for activities after close-out.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience (including at least two years of supervisory experience) working in complex and challenging field operational contexts
- University degree in political science, development or other related social sciences field is required; Master’s desired;
- Prior experience with international development organizations, particularly with transition programming, and/or programs that have community-level engagement is required;
- Familiarity with policies and procedures in regards to financial management, financial reporting, procurement processes, systems and grants management at international organizations is required;
- Previous experience working in Yobe State is mandatory;
- Willingness to travel to Yobe State up to 50% of the time;
- Strong analytical, organizational and communications capacity; and
- Fluency in oral and written communication skills in both English and Hausa.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents before 30th October, 2015:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND
- A cover letter.
Please reference the job title and location on the cover letter and resume or CV.
Alternatively, Please Submit Applications to:
PO Box # 20350
ATTN: Human Resources Office
Abuja FCT, Nigeria.
Or to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.