Administrative Assistant at Nothern Education Initiaive
Posted on: 17 May, 2012
Deadline: 31 May, 2012
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
Applications are invited from qualified indigenes of Sokoto State for the following position in a USAlD funded project.
Position: Administrative Assistant - Sokoto
NEI is a USAID-funded project whose aim is to strengthen state and local government capacity to deliver basic education services by addressing key issues in the management, sustainability, and oversight of basic education.
The project will also increase the access of orphans and vulnerable children to basic education and services such as health information and counseling in Nigeria's two northern states ofBauchi and Sokoto.
The Administrative Assistant wilt be responsible for providing administrative support to the Sokoto office. Duties will include managing day-to-
day operational matters, maintaining the physical plant and the logistics of the vehicle pool; coordinating human resources, travel, general clerical, and other policies within the office; basic accounting; reception duties (including answering phone and maintaining the conference room and equipment); co-ordination of travel in the field; and support close-out of program activities.
Reporting & Supervision
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Deputy Chief of Party through the Office Manager.
• Manage all day-to-day operational issues in the Bauchi office
• Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member
• Meet and greet clients and visitors
• Oversee the completion of HR forms, including time sheets, leave requests, etc.
• Monitor and record long distance phone calls
• Perform administrative duties, including ordering and maintaining office supplies
• Perform basic accounting
• Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system-
• Manage postal services
• Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences..
• Maintain and distribute NEI calendar and meeting schedule
• Managing travel logistics and project vehicles an~ drivers
• Coordinate security recommendations, as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned
Educational and professional qualifications
• Bachelor's degree!Higher National Diploma' (HND) in Business Administration/Secretarial Studies with at least 3 years cognate experience
• Thorough knowledge ofMS office applications, including power point and Excel
• Good English communication skills (oral and written) and fluency in Hausa Language.
• Working knowledge of US AID funded projects and! or other donors.
• Required good interpersonal skills, flexibility in work and a team player attitude.
• Evidence of NYSC discharge certificate
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications with CV and copies of certificates attached should be addressed to Deputy Chief of Party, NEI Sokoto and sent by email only to email@example.com within 2 weeks from the date of this publication.
FEMALE APPLICANTS WILL BE GIVEN PREFERENCE.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES
WILL BE INVITED FOR INTERVIEW.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at Creative Associates International
- Job Opportunity at Africa Power and Development Advisors (APDA) - PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Job Vacancy at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
- Jobs at ZOA International
- Job Vacancy at CBM International
- Sales Vacancies at DKT International
- Job Opportunity at LYFE
- Engineering Jobs at the North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria